Has Big Game Hunting Gone to the Birds?
- Understanding the land. // Association Management;Aug98, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p96
Focuses on the Safari Club International's American Wilderness Leadership School on conservation management developed by the Safari Club of Tucson, Arizona. Features of the program; Activities; Involvement of Randy Hart, an engineering teacher at North Allegheny High School in Zelienople,...
- Strength in Numbers. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Oct2008, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p16
The article features the Credit River Angler's Association (CRAA) in Ontario. CRAA was founded in 1989, and considered as the largest angling club in the province with 7,000 members. The club focuses on habitat enhancement, creation of forested buffers and water restoration in law areas of the...
- Calling All Bluebirds. Evans, Sarah H. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p26
Offers tips on making nest boxes for bluebirds. Proper location of bluebird houses; Distance of the nest box from the ground; Installation of nest boxes.
- How to build a better bluebird house. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p27
Presents a design and procedures of building a bluebird house. Specifications and measurements; Features of the nest box; Tips on painting the nest box.
- Anglers Not Off the Hook. // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p51
The article offers information on several educational programs and events related to fishing and hunting being offered by various fish and game clubs in Ontario including the Edu-Cast program, the Angler and Young Angler program and the Greenwing program.
- Canvassers endure harassment, enlist land-plan backers. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p31
Reports on threats to staff members of the Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs from property rights advocates. Members' solicitation of public support for the protection of a tract of land in Pennsylvania; Collection and mailing of letters expressing support of the Western Pennsylvania...
- Pa. gun club refuses black man's request. // Jet;6/14/93, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p35
Reports that the Midland Sportsmen's Club, private hunting club in Midland, Pennsylvania, has refused to give an application to a black police officer because only white males can join. Comments by the club's president James Boyle; Investigation by the Human Relations Commission.
- Spreading the word. // Outdoor Life;Oct97, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the wildlife conservation billboard of four Northern California chapters of Safari Club International. Location of billboard; Aims of the billboard; Contact information.
- Head for the plains! P.M. // Outdoor Life;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 200 Issue 5/6, p14
Reports on statistics illustrating the number of hunting and fishing clubs in the plains region of the United States. Number of hunting and fishing participants in the area; Forecasts of rising numbers of fishers and hunters.