- THE LOWER SAC. Mercer, Mike // Fly Fisherman;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the tailwater trout fishery in Sacramento, California. Impact of river water released from the upper levels of Shasta Lake on the fishes in Sacramento river; Increase in salmon and steelhead population; Importance of the seasonally fluctuating waterflows for anglers.
- Analysis of Several Indicators of Infection from Gyrodactylus spp. in one Year Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus Mykiss). VODICA, ANI; SPAHO, VLADIMIR // Albanian Journal of Agricultural Sciences;2016, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p149
In this study are analyzed the dynamics of infection of rainbow trout from Gyrodactylus spp. one of most important fish parasite. We have proven the gradual increase of infection values from the first week of infection until the fourth week (the week with the highest number of parasites). The...
- STEELHEAD RECORD? // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Reports that a 41-inch steelhead was taken from the Skeena River system in British Columbia.
- Small-stream steelhead pay big dividends. McCoy, John // Field & Stream;Mar2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p67
Focuses on the increase in steelhead fishing activities within northwest Pennsylvania during every spring.
- Early-season tactics for small-creek steelhead. Merwin, John // Field & Stream;Mar2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p74
Discusses strategies for finding big steelhead in small streams during every winter and early spring.
- A Leap of Faith. // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p11
The article introduces articles about steelhead fish, that have been published in this issue of the journal, including "5 Must-Have Steelhead Flies," by Luigi De Rose, and "Fish Metabolism: The Science Behind Temperature Change."
- Steelhead sojourn. Anderson, Gary // New York State Conservationist;Dec98, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on steelhead fishing in Oswego County, New York. Elimination of snagging and patrolling by environmental conservation officers; Phenomenon known as the steelhead turning on; Techniques.
- Great Lakes steelhead. Lange, Robert // New York State Conservationist;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, Wild in New York p2
Features the steelhead, a migratory strain of rainbow trout native to the Pacific northwest which is emerging as a major attraction for Great Lakes anglers. Steelhead's quality as a gamefish; Life cycle and habitat; Prospects for steelhead.
- SUPERIOR STEEL. Scroppo, Dave // Outdoor Life;May2003, Vol. 210 Issue 4, p73
Offers information on steelhead fishing at Lake Superior Tributaries in the U.S. Reason behind the arrival of steelhead in the lake; Location for steelhead fishing at the lake; Effective technique for steelhead fishing.