Agro-economic Evaluation of Water Resource Project - A Modeling Approach
- An Alternative Rotational Delivery Schedule for Improved Performance of Reservoir-based Canal Irrigation System. Bhadra, Aditi; Bandyopadhyay, Arnab; Singh, Rajendra; Raghuwanshi, Narendra S. // Water Resources Management;Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p3679
lternative delivery scheduling approaches were tried to overcome the problem of low efficiency in eastern Indian irrigation projects. The features of the existing delivery schedules in the Left Bank Feeder Canal (LBFC) system of Kangsabati irrigation project, located in the state of West Bengal,...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Tonga Country Review;2010, p101
The article provides information on the global environmental conditions in 2010, including the impact of environmental degradation on the quality or aesthetics of human life, rapid rates of resource depletion and environmental pollution in industrialized countries.
- Third World grievances. Ramphal, Shridath S. // EPA Journal;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p39
Discusses the environmental and developmental problems faced by the Third World. Poverty and underdevelopment; Political attention given to environmental causes; Concern about the way the environmental agenda is being handled by third world governments; Link between environment and development;...
- Not-yet-fossil fuel. Chege, Nancy // World Watch;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the effects of the misconception that fuelwood scarcity drives deforestation. Firewood demand as a minor cause; Forest clear cutting as the main perpetrator; Problem as undermining the well-being of Third World people; Spread of the fuelwood problem from the rural to the cities;...
- Dust to dust. Edwards, Rob; Kumar, Sanjay // New Scientist;06/06/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2137, p18
Discusses the Global Environment Facility (GEF), set up by the United Nations and the World Bank to save the ecosystems of the world's poorest countries. The failure of the Cameroon project; The reaction to the GEF project at the Earth Summit; Graph of how the GEF spends its money; Impact of...
- Restoration And Management Strategies Of Wetlands In Developing Countries. Ramachandra, T. V. // Electronic Green Journal;Dec2001, pN.PAG
Discusses the restoration and management strategies of wetlands in developing countries. Description of wetlands; Importance of wetlands to people; Contributions of wetlands to important environmental processes.
- Keeping an Eye on PM2.5. Spivey, Angela // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jun2010, Vol. 118 Issue 6, pA259
The article reports on a study regarding estimates of suspended fine particulate matter (PM) in the air which shows that developing countries have high PM levels indicative of poor air quality.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Tajikistan Country Review;2011, p184
The article offers information on the environmental challenges being faced by various regions and developed countries throughout the world including environmental degradation and resource depletion.
- Crisis in the south. Biswas, Asit K. // UNESCO Courier;May93, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p35
Discusses problems of water management faced by the developing world as a result of poverty, population growth, urbanization and pollution. Cause of the crisis in the South; Priority areas for action.