The Palace PR machine achieves public approval
- Flack. // PRWeek (London);Oct2015, p55
The article provides updates on issues related to the public relations (PR) industry in Great Britain as of October 2015. Topics covered include the cuts to tax credits according to Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, Queen Elizabeth as the longest-reigning monarch in Great Britain, and the...
- Spin doctor to polish the crown. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;2/25/98, Vol. 90 Issue 62, p1
Reports that Queen Elizabeth II has decided to appoint a `spin doctor,' or director of communications, to try and put the English monarchy back in touch with the people. Why the queen has waited so long to develop a public relations strategy; How the death of Diana, Princess of Wales impacted...
- SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);7/2/2012, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p4
A correction is presented for the June 11, 2012 article "The Queen's Scene" concerning the year Queen Elizabeth II was crowned.
- LONDON. Whitlock, Stephen // Conde Nast Traveler;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p34
Reports the celebration of the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II in London, England. Portrait of the queen by Lucien Freud; Declaration of national holiday on June 2; Opening of royal private properties to the public.
- Elizabeth II. Bainbridge, John // Gourmet;Aug92, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p32
Discusses how England has been celebrating the fortieth anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's accession to the throne in a modest way. Low-key atmosphere that has enveloped the occasion; Making of 110-minute BBC documentary titled `Elizabeth R'; Publicity of royals.
- Queen Elizabeth II collectibles. Chapman, Bernadine // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jan1995, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p36
Features Queen Elizabeth II collectibles. Memorabilia depicting the queen's coronation; Silver Jubilee souvenirs; Chinaware; Commemorative tin plate; Traditional British delicacies; Postage stamps; Postcards; Publications on the royal family.
- British royals come to the Internet. // Christian Science Monitor;3/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 71, p14
Focuses on British Queen Elizabeth II's 150-page site on the World Wide Web. What the site offers; Names of royalties which are on the site; Contact point.
- Leader Biography. // United Kingdom Country Review;2011, p93
The article profiles Queen Elizabeth II, Great Britain head of state, who is one of the longest-reigning monarchs in the world.
- Going for gold. Gunn, Jessica // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/4/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4216, p24
Provides information on the programs and activities for the Golden Jubilee, the 50th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain. Details of music concerts and catering program at the event; Information on fund raising activity and appropriations for the event.