- Welcome to Central America? // Corporate Detroit;Dec96, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p9
Discusses the Central America campaign of J. Walter Thompson, the legendary Detroit-based advertising agency. Why Steve Brown, vice-president, in behalf of JWT decided to refer Midwest customers as Central America.
- NEW-BUSINESS RANKINGS 20 July 2012. // Campaign (UK);7/20/2012, Issue 29, p48
The article presents a list of new business ranking of advertising agencies as of July 20, 2012 including VCCP, Publicis and JWT.
- JWT shuts down Detroit interactive marketing unit. Halliday, Jean; Petrecca, Laura // Advertising Age;1/27/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p34
Reports that J. Walter Thompson USA has shut down its Detroit online marketing division, JWT Detroit, and laid off four of the unit's seven staffers. Comments from Peter Schweitzer, president of JWT Detroit; Employees affected by the closing including Roland Sharette; Sharette's book on...
- Psst, buddy! Discount media! Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;7/26/93, Vol. 3 Issue 30, p13
Focuses on J. Walter Thompson's (JWT) attempt to woo non-competing clients to its spot department by way of elaborate mailers. Assertion that JWT can save clients at least 15 percent on spot buys; Guarantees; Mailings as a legitimate attempt to graner media-only business; Advertising agencies'...
- JWT creates in-house planning consultancy. Hall, Emma // Campaign (UK);05/21/99, Issue 20, p2
Reveals that advertising agency J. Walter Thompson has restructured its planning function. Manager responsible for the restructuring; Personnel changes in the agency; Traditional account planning department of the company.
- New-media operation breaks away from JWT. Bonello, Deborah // Campaign (UK);10/20/2000, Issue 42, p13
Reports that J. Walter Thompson Co.'s new media division is breaking away from the main advertising agency and setting up as a standalone digital consultancy in Great Britain. Rason behind the decision of J. Walter's new media division to break away from the main agency; Overview on projects...
- Energy Boost. McMains, Andrew // Adweek Southeast Edition;01/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p20
Features J. Walter Thompson, 'Adweek' periodical's Eastern Agency of the Year 2001. Accounts won and lost; Attributions to its success; Statements from the company's executives.
- JWT Works Past Relationships. McMains, Andrew; Irwin, Tanya // Adweek Western Edition;1/28/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p35
Reports the creative work of J. Walter Thompson for Domino's Pizza in New York. Approval of scripts for television advertising; Brand-building capabilities of the agency; Role of client relationships in the decision to move the business.
- THE WORK. // Campaign;11/12/2004, Issue 46, p35
The article presents information on several advertising campaigns. The campaign "Smirnoff diamonds" was created for Phillip Gladman, marketing director, Diageo GB by the agency J. Walter Thompson Co. The campaign continue to dramatize the product attributes of Smirnoff vodka via the "not the...