Cunard Line hires European chief as it expands operations
- Cunard, P&O shuffle. // Travel Daily;6/ 5/2013, p3
The article announces the resignation of two senior executives of Carnival Corp. Carol Marlow and Peter Shanks after managing director roles have been abolished in cruise companies Cunard Line and P&O Cruises UK.
- Taking the Helm AT CUNARD. YOUNG, SUSAN J. // Travel Agent;8/17/2009, Vol. 335 Issue 4, p28
The article presents an overview of Cunard Line Ltd., the owner of cruise ships Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. According to the newly appointed president and managing director, Peter Shanks, Cunard will have a consistent deployment pattern after the launch of Queen Victoria...
- Cruise lines sending out mixed messages to trade' Gray, Chris // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/11/2011, Issue 2950, p5
The article focuses on the decisions made by Cunard Line Ltd. and P&O Cruise Ltd. to launch its 2012 programme with a discount. Cunard has offered a 10% discount for bookings before May 31, 2012 and P&O has offered a 10% discount on all of its 163 cruises. Peter Shanks, managing director of...
- CARNIVAL IN BRIEF. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/3/2005, Issue 2668, p5
Reports developments on the ocean travel industry. Sales incentives offered by Cunard Line Ltd. to travel agents; Encouragement of Ocean Village boss Peter Shanks for agents to support the informal mass-market cruise lines; Number of magazines sent by Princess Cruises to agents to promote its...
- Cunard toasts the past and future. Hayhurst, Lee // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/19/2008, Issue 2834, p26
The article reports that the Cunard Line Ltd. has scooped the "Travel Trade Gazette" (TTG) Travel Award for best large cruise line in Great Britain. Peter Shanks, Carnival UK chief operating officer, acknowledged the employees in the line and introduced the future of Cunard with MS Queen...
- The future's bright for the Cunard Line. Shanks, Peter // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/2/2011, Issue 2961, p20
The article focuses on Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line Ltd. in Great Britain, and his experiences in the cruise industry. Shanks states that travel agents are important in attracting many cruising customers for Cunard. It mentions that Shanks has witnessed the expansion and changes in the...
- Face that launched the QM2. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;1/5/2004, Issue 1699, p40
While everyone are now recovering from the usual festive over-indulgence, spare a though for the travel agency Cunard senior vice-president for Europe Peter Shanks. In the first week of January 2004, Peter will oversee the launch of the world's biggest and most expensive passenger liner. He's...
- Peter Shanks takes senior position with Cunard Line. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/29/2002, Issue 2524, p21
Reports on the selection of Peter Shanks as Cunard Line's senior vice president for Europe. Career background of Shanks.
- 'Much to celebrate' says Cunard boss. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/10/2012, Issue 3004, p08
The article reports that the chairman of Cunard Lines Ltd., Peter Shanks, is confident that the number of people cruising in Great Britain will pass the two million mark soon, and as there are a number of ship launches in 2012-2013, it is time to celebrate.