HBOS reneges on leaflet clarification pledge
- HBOS creates senior role in management shake-up. // Precision Marketing;5/24/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p3
Announces that HBOS, a financial service firm, is looking for executive to head its direct marketing for banking and consumer finance division. Information on the position; Aim of the firm.
- HBOS refreshes criteria on buy-to-let broker products. Martin, Natalie // Mortgage Strategy;1/16/2006, p16
The article reports that HBOS PLC has pushed up its buy-to-let criteria to 5 million pounds and scrapped its limit of 10 properties for all its intermediary products in Great Britain. Due to the move of HBOS, borrowers will be able to purchase multiple properties up to the total of 5 million...
- City agencies mine rapid response niche. Hilton, Anthony // PRWeek (London);9/28/2012, p14
In the article, the author discusses the 500,000 pound fine meted to HBOS Plc's Peter Cummings by the British Financial Services Authority as the authority claimed that Cummings' actions and orders to the people under him substantially contributed to the bank's difficulties.
- Brokers fear lenders will copy HBOS proc fee cuts. Thickett, Robert // Mortgage Strategy;4/21/2008, p7
The article reports on the decision of HBOS PLC that created fear for brokers. The banking and insurance group in Great Britain cut fees by 0.03% on its Halifax range and 0.05% on its BM Solutions range. With this decision, brokers afraid that lenders may follow HBOS' decision to reduce...
- BROKER 'Talkback' // Money Marketing;8/28/2003, p14
Present the comments of various Great Britain-based financial advisers on Abbey National's ability to compete with HBOS in the mortgage market. Bruce & Partners' Michael Freedman; Reid & Co.'s Clive Stainton; Singh Financial Services' Prem Duggal.
- HBOS may merge accounts. Atkinson, Rebecca // Mortgage Strategy;2/13/2006, p5
The article reports on the plans of Halifax Bank of Scotland PLC to merge key accounts departments of its five brands in Great Britain. Spokesman Paul Fincham denies the immediate establishment of a central team. Experts agree over the advantage of establishing a central department for it can...
- Stock Picker. Goodall, John // Mortgage Strategy;5/5/2008, p9
The article reports on a rights issue announced by the Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS). The rights price is said to be around 430p. HBOS seeks to raise Â£4 billion by offering shares for five ordinary shares at 275p. The price, which is offered at 45 percent discount, is expected to gain...
- Heroes & Villains. // Mortgage Strategy;10/30/2006, p33
The article presents a comparison regarding the financial performance of HBOS PLC and Cheltenham & Gloucester PLC in Great Britain for 2006. It provided that HBOS' excellent pricing and provision of great value to borrowers has led to its domination in the financial market for months, while...
- Do you think HBOS will have to up its game with the launch of edeus? Pratt, Andy; Montlake, Andrew // Mortgage Strategy;10/2/2006, p34
The article discusses the competition between lending firms HBOS and BM Solutions. Between the two companies, the key battlegrounds will be the self-cert, buy-to-let and sub-prime sectors. BM Solutions' products have been keenly priced to position HBOS as a leading lender. HBOS has kept BM...