Sponsors claim that F1 VIP area is a 'waste of money'
- F1 'would suffer' if tobacco withdraws. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);4/26/2001, p5
Reports the impact of a tobacco sponsorship withdrawal on car racing in Great Britain. Amount of Formula One (F1) debt to tobacco firms; Possible replacement of tobacco money by the information technology and telecommunication sectors; Threat to set up F1 rivals by car manufacturers.
- F1 defies ban on tobacco sponsorship. // Marketing Week;7/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the reaction of anti-cigarette campaigners on the sponsorship negotiations between Formula One (F1) and tobacco companies. Number of tobacco companies to have approached F1; Intention of F1 to end its involvement with tobacco; Abandonment by F1 of its commitment to be free of tobacco...
- F1 sponsors threaten to walk out over infighting. Barrand, Drew // Marketing (00253650);7/20/2005, p1
The article reports that Formula One Management Ltd. could face a mass exodus by its sponsors if a standoff between management and the car manufacturers escalates further. A host of Formula One's top-tier sponsors have contacted other motor-sports championships in the past few weeks about...
- Foster's secures deal to become official F1 beer. Solley, Samuel // Marketing (00253650);3/2/2005, p3
Foster's Brewing Group Ltd. has signed up as the first official beer of Formula One in a multimillion-pound deal that broadens the brand's reach globally and potentially gives it access to The Scottish Courageowned brand has had previous associations with F1 through its title sponsorship of...
- IN BRIEF. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/10/2004, Issue 1749, p18
This article presents news related to tourism. Formula One fans can now book breaks around every European race, as well as those in Melbourne, Malaysia, Indianapolis in the U.S. and Brazil through Crystal Grand Prix. Air Atlanta Icelandic, which merges with Islandsflug on New Year's Day, has a...
- TODAY BRAZIL, TOMORROW THE WORLD. Dolack, Chris // Auto Racing Digest;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p28
Reports the implications of the merger of Petty and Fittipaldi automobile racing legendary families on the state of motor sports. Domination of NASCAR in the industry; Decline in the open-wheel racing; Elimination of competition from other series in the U.S.; Cessation on the Formula One empire...
- Winning formula. Levy, Mike // Director (00123242);Jul99, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p44
Analyzes the economic importance of Formula One motor racing team to Great Britain. Figures released by the Department of Trade and Industry on the ratio investment to turnover in motor sports; Information on Formula One; Explanations from motor racing officials; Overview of the team's growth. ...
- Racing Form. Patel, Shyama // New York;08/28/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p41
Provides information on the party held by Mercedes-Benz and Formula One at Bridgehampton, New York in August 2000. Celebrities who attended the party; Dress code for the event.
- F1 chief steering toward CART, paper reports. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p43a
Reports on the agreement between CART organization and Formula One company. Plans of Bernard Ecclestone, chief executive officer of Formula One company, to buy the common stocks of CART; Details on the total amount of the stocks.