Senate Finance Committee Approves Olson For Treasury Tax Post
- Treasury's Olson Gets Warm Welcome From Senate Panel. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/2/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31441, p4
Reports the nomination of Pamela Olson for assistant secretary for tax policy of the Senate Finance Committee in the U.S. Career history of Olson; Expertise on tax-exempt bond management; Priorities of Olson.
- Former Tax Lobbyist Joins Treasury To Oversee Tax-Exempt Regulations. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p5
Reports the appointment of Greg Jenner to the position of acting deputy assistant secretary of the Treasury Department in the U.S. Management of tax-exempt bonds related regulations; Expertise in corporate taxation; Career history of Jenner.
- Treasury working overtime to staff financial research office. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;6/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 94, p12
The article reports on the statements of Richard Berner, counselor to U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, regarding the priority of the Treasury Department to assign a director and staff to the newly created Office of Financial Research (OFR), during the Dodd-Frank reform law conference.
- Tax lapse likely won't stand in way of Geithner approval. Brush, Silla // Hill;1/22/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the likely confirmation of Timothy Geithner, U.S. President Barack Obama's nominee for Treasury secretary, by the U.S. Senate.
- Bush to Pick AIG Exec for Treasury Post. Heller, Michele // American Banker;5/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 90, p20
Cites United States President George W. Bush's plan to nominate American International Group executive Brian Carlton Roseboro to be assistant Treasury secretary for financial markets. Highlights of Roseboro's career in the financial services industry.
- Wall Street Banker Withdraws From Treasury Race. Pasquali, Valentina // Global Finance;Feb2015, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p6
The article announces that investment banker Antonio Weiss of banking firm Lazard Ltd. has withdrawn his name for consideration as undersecretary for domestic finance at the U.S. Treasury Department in January 2015 following the opposition of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party against him.
- Treasury's Olson to Step Down When 2005 Budget Is Completed. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p6
Reports on the planned resignation of Pamela Olson as assistant secretary of the Treasury Department after the completion of fiscal 2005 budget in the U.S. Difficulty of Olson in balancing her job and family; Duties of Olson as a public officer; Experiences of Olson before joining the department.
- Tax Assistant Secretary Olson Quits Treasury. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31821, p3
Reports on the resignation of Pamela Olson as assistant treasury secretary for tax policy at the U.S. Treasury Department. Appointment of Greg Jenner, deputy assistant secretary for tax policy, as acting assistant secretary; Plan of Olson to take time off before returning to private practice;...
- CIFA Panelists Laud Solomon as Bush's Pick for Treasury Tax Post. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p6
The article reports on the nomination of Eric Solomon as assistant secretary for tax policy of the Treasury Department in the U.S. Solomon has been involved in several major policy discussions that have important implications for the tax-exempt bond market. The article also mentions the views of...