NEWS IN BRIEF
- United States Economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar99, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p2
Presents information on the United States economy in 1998. Unemployment rate; Nonagricultural employment; Personal income; Farm proprietor's income.
- The glass is half full. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;2/27/95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p80
Editorial. Examines how global competition and technology have cut into employment in America. Suggestion that there are inaccuracies in the economic doomsday scenario, particularly when quality of life is factored in; Signs of good news that abound, such as the growth of higher income...
- United States economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar98, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p2
Provides information on the status of the United States economy in 1997. Unemployment rate; Wage gains; Percentage increase on personal income; Light vehicle sales.
- United States Economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Sep99, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p2
Provides information on economic conditions of the United States. Growth of personal income in the first quarter of 1999; Increase in car sales and retail sales; Unemployment rate in the second quarter of 1999.
- United States economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec97, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the economy of United States for the year 1997. Unemployment rate in the United States for the third quarter of the year; Total non-agricultural employment and construction gains; Total personal income for the second quarter of the year; Third quarter unit car and truck sales.
- Business Indicators. // Fedgazette;Jan2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Presents charts on the status of employment, unemployment, personal income and earnings of several states in the United States in 1998 and 1999.
- United States Economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec99, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the economic conditions of the United States for the second and third quarters of 1999. Percentage of growth in personal income; States with the fastest and slowest economic growth; Unemployment rate since August 1999.
- UNITED STATES ECONOMY. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar2002, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the economic condition of the U.S. in 2001 and first quarter of 2002. Unemployment rate; Personal income growth; Reason for the increase in nonfarm payroll employment in 2002.
- UNITED STATES ECONOMY. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec2002, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the economic condition of the U.S. as of December 2002. Percentage growth of personal income; Earnings in agricultural services, mining, transportation and public utilities; Average unemployment rate; Average sale of light-vehicles.