NEWS IN BRIEF
- United States Economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar99, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p2
Presents information on the United States economy in 1998. Unemployment rate; Nonagricultural employment; Personal income; Farm proprietor's income.
- The glass is half full. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;2/27/95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p80
Editorial. Examines how global competition and technology have cut into employment in America. Suggestion that there are inaccuracies in the economic doomsday scenario, particularly when quality of life is factored in; Signs of good news that abound, such as the growth of higher income...
- United States economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar98, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p2
Provides information on the status of the United States economy in 1997. Unemployment rate; Wage gains; Percentage increase on personal income; Light vehicle sales.
- United States Economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Sep99, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p2
Provides information on economic conditions of the United States. Growth of personal income in the first quarter of 1999; Increase in car sales and retail sales; Unemployment rate in the second quarter of 1999.
- United States Economy. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec99, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the economic conditions of the United States for the second and third quarters of 1999. Percentage of growth in personal income; States with the fastest and slowest economic growth; Unemployment rate since August 1999.
- BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS. // South Dakota Business Review;Sep2001, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p2
Presents updates and statistics that are related to the economy in South Dakota and across the United States as of September 2001. Increase in unemployment rates; Growth of personal income; Statistics on motor vehicle sales.
- UNITED STATES ECONOMY. // South Dakota Business Review;Mar2002, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the economic condition of the U.S. in 2001 and first quarter of 2002. Unemployment rate; Personal income growth; Reason for the increase in nonfarm payroll employment in 2002.
- UNITED STATES ECONOMY. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec2002, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the economic condition of the U.S. as of December 2002. Percentage growth of personal income; Earnings in agricultural services, mining, transportation and public utilities; Average unemployment rate; Average sale of light-vehicles.
- Job Restructuring as a Determinant of Wage Inequality and Working-Poor Households. Craypo, Charles; Cormier, David // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p21
The American economy has enjoyed low unemployment, rising mean family incomes, and modest inflation. It has also seen increasing wage inequality, stagnant median family incomes, continued deindustrialization, and the persistent existence of working-poor households. Real wages of the top...