Tapping urban insurance market
Tags: INSURANCE companies
- Insurers decrease risk of downgrade by avoiding Asian countries for now. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30347, p33
Focuses on the move of municipal bond insurers in the United States to decrease the risk of downgrade by avoiding infrastructure projects in Asian countries. Seeking of structured transactions that are investment grade by combining Asian credits with either European or American credits; Effect...
- A sure thing. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;8/11/2003, p20
Examines the status of the short-term insurers sector in South Africa. Reporting trend in the sector; Factors affecting the status of the industry; Benefits of consolidation on large players in the industry.
- Insurance. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p93
States that Asia's growing middle class and general growth of Asian economies have lead to an increasing number of insurance oriented companies entering the region. Comments by Alan Beanland, general manager of Colonial Mutual Asia Pacific; Importance of motor insurance.
- Insurance assurance. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;11/01/96, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p66
Presents information about the insurance industry. How to look for a good insurance company; Profile of some insurance companies in the United States; Other ways to assess the status of an insurance company. INSETS: The principles of property insurance, by Mark E. Battersby.;When disaster...
- The insurance industry: Navigating the sea of change. DePrince Jr., Albert E.; Ford, William F. // Business Economics;Oct93, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p9
Highlights the evolution of the products and services offered by the insurance industry and the economic forces driving this evolution. Changes in revenue sources; Survivability of property and casualty insurers; Taxes; Demographic changes; Blurring of financial institutions; Unbundling of...
- Political risks simmering in Venezuela. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;2/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p17
Reports that political insurers for Venezuela are wary of the country's risk profile despite a slowdown in a strike which began in December 2002 that crippled its industry. Impact of the strike on political insurers; Insurance operations that were closed down during the strike; Factor which led...
- London companies see opportunities in Bermuda. Veysey, Sarah; Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;11/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p27
While London, England and Bermuda markets have sometimes been viewed as rivals, some Great Britain companies see the island as a land of opportunity. London companies have set up operations in Bermuda, including Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd., Catlin Group Ltd. and Goshawk Insurance Holdings PLC....
- Global briefs. // Business Insurance;11/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p33
Presents news about the insurance industry during November 24, 1997. Acquisition of Michael Kooper Enterprises Inc. by Lambert Fenchurch Group PLC; Merger between Gras Savoye Reassurance and Willis Faber and Dumas Reasurance France; Standard and Poor's rating of Gan Insurance Co. Ltd.
- If customers ask for it, insurers will try. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14B
Focuses on the needs for customers in relation to insurance. Comments made by Peter Conway, president of CNA Risk Management in Chicago, a division of CNA Insurance Companies; What can can insurers do to be competitive; Information on the strategies of CNA Risk Management.
- Briefly noted. // Business Insurance;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
Presents news briefs in relation to insurance companies. Identification of the company which Trenwick Group Incorporated has proposed to acquire; Information on CareFirst Incorporated; Annoucement of the death of John E. Fisher, chief executive officer of Columbus, Ohio-based Nationwide...