Competitive Note Offerings
- More Defaults Coming in Europe. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;10/8/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 38, pN.PAG
Reports on the stock defaults by Europe-based business enterprises as of October 8, 2001. Features of high yield bond index developed by rating agency Fitch Inc., for the European non-investment grade bond market; Reasons for local measures of default risk for European companies; Comparison of...
- Fitch: We Can Live With Cleveland Law. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;2/4/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 23, p11
Fitch Inc. said on Monday that it will continue to rate bonds backed by home loans originated in Cleveland, Ohio despite an ordinance there against predatory lending. Officials of the New York rating agency explained in a press statement that the ordinance holds assignees liable for violations...
- Fitch To Rate CDO Managers. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the scheme developed by rating agency Fitch whereby the firm will assign ratings to collateralized debt obligation asset managers themselves.
- Fitch Says Following Merger With Duff & Phelps Credit Rating, It Will Issue Single Insurance Company Ratings. // Insurance Advocate;06/24/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 26, p33
Reports on the plan of Fitch, an international rating agency, to combine all of its outstanding insurance industry ratings into a single set. Changes to Fitch's portfolio of insurance-related ratings services; Information on CCPAR; Criteria for an insurance company to qualify for the DCR...
- Fitch-All Agencies 'Virtually Identical'. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/10/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the release of a structured finance bond performance statistics for virtually identical rating agencies by Fitch Inc. Differences between agencies in terms of structured finance bond ratings; Response of Fitch Inc. to the ongoing notching controversy; Rivalry between Moody's...
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p31
Cites a tabular representation of information on one-year note index as of February 7, 2002. Note issuers used in the calculation of one-year note index; Ratings of issues by rating agencies.
- Nassau, raters meet on tobacco bonds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p2
Reports that Nassau County, New York, has started the process of meeting with rating agencies in the United States about its proposal to issue bonds backed by payments from the national tobacco settlement. Details of the county's preliminary plan.
- The Phantom Bond Class. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on bond issues rated AAA by rating agencies. Amount of money for which were issued in the U.S. in 2002; Reasons for decrease in issue of highly-rated bonds; Number of AAA bond issuers in U.S.
- New EM deals prompt Fitch to reconsider recovery rates. // Asset Securitization Report;7/23/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p14
Focuses on rating agency Fitch's enhancement of its rating methodologies. Improvement of recovery rates in emerging markets; Concept of partial guarantees; Emergence of hedge agreements.