One-Year Note Index
- Nassau, raters meet on tobacco bonds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p2
Reports that Nassau County, New York, has started the process of meeting with rating agencies in the United States about its proposal to issue bonds backed by payments from the national tobacco settlement. Details of the county's preliminary plan.
- The Phantom Bond Class. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on bond issues rated AAA by rating agencies. Amount of money for which were issued in the U.S. in 2002; Reasons for decrease in issue of highly-rated bonds; Number of AAA bond issuers in U.S.
- New York City Debt Outlook Gets Lowered. McKaig, Ryan; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p1
Focuses on the rating awarded by U.S. rating agencies to New York City's general obligation bonds. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the ratings; Rating awarded by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bonds.
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p9
Cites a tabular representation of information related to competitive note offerings as of February 7, 2002. Financial advisers of bonds; Date of issue of bonds; Rating of bonds by rating agency Fitch Inc.
- Dallas Nears First Step in $395 Million Refunding Spree. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p33
Reports the issuance of water and sewer revenue bonds in Dallas, Texas. Rates given by rating agencies on the bond issue; Characteristics of the water and sewer system; Interest rates of the commercial paper debt.
- Detroit Schools Plan $475M Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31241, p1
Reports the plan of Detroit School District to sell a school building and site improvement bonds in Detroit, Michigan. Intention to improve the failing school infrastructure; Ratings given by rating agencies to the bond; Condition of bonds in the market.
- Omaha's Triple-A Affirmed by Moody's, S&P Before Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p4
Reports the affirmation of Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service rating agencies for the general obligation bond issue of Omaha in Chicago, Illinois. Components of Omaha issue; Role of Bear, Sterns & Co. and Kirkpatrick Pettis for the obligation bonds; Date of approval for the...
- Rating Films Downgrade More Debt. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p1
Reports on the downgrading of municipal debt by the rating firms in the United States. Agencies which downgrade the bonds; Increase of the number states and local municipalities which experienced fiscal pressure; Factors affecting the decision of the agencies to downgrade the debt.
- Troubled Waterbury, Conn., Gets Investment-Grade Rank from Moody's. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p5
Reports on the improvement of the bond ratings in Waterbury, Connecticut. Inclusion of the ratings from different rating firms; Advantages of the tax-intercept program; Imposition of the seven-member board to control the city's finances and operations.