TENNESSEE: Rolling on the River
- Corporate capital tries trading pinstripes for party hats. Carlson, Pam // Christian Science Monitor;8/05/98, Vol. 90 Issue 176, p3
Reports on the efforts of Wilmington, Delaware to revitalize the Christina riverfront in 1998. Comments from Michael Purzycki, executive director of the Riverfront Development Corp.; The opening of the First USA Riverfront Arts Center; Construction of a retail center; Plans for a 250-acre...
- Riverfront Development starts work on nation's first catalog mall. Heath, Tracy // National Real Estate Investor;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p26
Reports that Riverfront Development Inc. launched construction on its new outlet center in Wilmington, Delaware called the Shipyard Shops. Representation of the nation's first-ever catalog outlet center; Catalog retailers to occupy the center.
- Courting Developers. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Feb2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the request for proposals (RFP) for the old Basketball Hall of Fame building in Springfield, Massachusetts. Issuance of the RFP by the Springfield Riverfront Development Corp.; Plan of creating a new Hall of Fame; Conversion of the old Hall of Fame building into a museum.
- Dream Team. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;3/16/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on the plan of partners Peter Pappas and Mike Spagnoli to expand the Springfield Riverfront Development Corp. in Massachusetts. It is noted that Pappas and Spagnoli are planning to make a broader impact on their turnaround efforts in the community. Spagnoli shared how the...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.