SOUTH CAROLINA: Investing in Jobs
- From the Bullpen to the Farmyard. Herrick, Nancy A. // Corporate Report Wisconsin;Oct2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p12
The article describes the dual role of Jim Hodge as farmer-owner of The Good Acres LLC, and financial consultant of wealth management firm R.W. Baird based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As farmer, Hodge plants seeds, fertilizes crops, and manages the irrigation system. As consultant, he provides...
- Hodges Promotes Ideas For New Lottery Money. Richard, Alan // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p17
Reports on Governor Jim Hodges' proposal to use the state lottery proceeds to finance education in South Carolina. Programs that will be financed by the proceeds; Estimated amount that will be generated by the lottery.
- South Carolina Gov. Hodges signs $1 billion bond bill for education. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;06/02/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30653, p3
Reports that South Carolina Governor Jim Hodges has signed a $1 billion bond bill for education facilities. Funding for various state agencies; Tax relief offered to the citizens of the state.
- S.C. Is Examining Funds That Banks Gave to Lottery Campaign. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p1
Reports that the South Carolina Attorney General's Office is looking into reports that Governor Jim Hodges has accepted donations for his state lottery campaign from investment bankers. Underwriting of the state's planned sale of tobacco bonds; Proposals for tobacco securitization deals.
- S.C. governor tries to jump-start stalled school bonding proposal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;05/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30638, p3
Reports that South Carolina Governor Jim Hodges is trying to jump start a stalled school bonding proposal. Passage of a bill calling to issue up to $750 million of general obligation bonds.
- Jim Hodges at CRG Art. Upshaw, Reagan // Art in America;May94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p109
Reviews the work of Jim Hodges in the exhibition `A Diary of Flowers' at the CRG Art gallery in New York City.
- Jim Hodges at CRG. Harris, Susan // Art in America;Jan2003, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p107
Reports on the exhibition of the art works of Jim Hodges. Description of the art works.
- JIM HODGES. Nichols, Matthew // Art in America;Jan2012, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p93
The article reviews a 2011 art exhibition featuring work by Jim Hodges held at the Gladstone galleries in New York City.
- Jim Hodges at CRG. Heartney, Eleanor // Art in America;Nov98, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p135
Focuses on the exhibition of the works of artist Jim Hodges at CRG in New York. Tools used by Hodges; Theme; Description of his art work `Landscape.'