Trends in the Region: To Stay AAA, Virginia Finance Chief Wants to Get Aggressive
- Preparing for the technologies of the work world. Fulcer, Peter A. // Technology Teacher;Apr96, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the developmental growth and changes in Loudoun County, Virginia. Competitive tax rates, abundance of available land, affordable cost of living and other assets offered; Information on the school systems and the objectives; Technology education teachers attending conferences,...
- West Virginia: Ambassadors, exporters convene to bring more of state to the world. Wallace, Douglas // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p25
Highlights proceedings of the 1998 West Virginia International Trade Partners Luncheon held in Washington, D.C. on May 20. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed; US Department of Commerce's efforts to develop strategies for increasing exports from rural areas.
- Despite Crunch, Issuance Seems on the Rise. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p61A
Focuses on the economic condition of Virginia in the fiscal year 2002. State's general obligation bonds that the Treasury Department oversees; Spending plan as proposed by the governor James S. Gilmore; Objectives of states Resources Authority when issuing debt and financing projects.
- Looking for Growth While Treading Water. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p66A
Focuses on the economic condition of West Virginia in the fiscal year 2002. Expected growth in the state's budget in the fiscal 2003; Increase in the revenue collections from July through November 2001; Expected revenue growth in the fiscal 2002; Estimated income from the lottery in fiscal...
- Virginia Commodity Prices During the Panic of 1819. Haulman, Clyde // Journal of the Early Republic;Winter2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p675
Focuses on Virginia commodity prices during the Panic of 1819. Effect of falling commodity prices on Virginia's depression in the years following the Panic; Drop in the demand for American stapes; Price movements.
- Virginia's revenue rise outpaces official forecast. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p4
Reports on economic growth in Virginia, for fiscal 1999. Surplus generated by the state's revenue growth; Factors driving revenue growth.
- Area seeks unity in a flag. Allen, Misty // Governing;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p82
Presents information on a regional flag to be chosen in a contest among local high school students to help bring fifteen jurisdictions together. Information on Virginia's Hampton Road; Background information on James Babcock and the idea he came up with; Details on improving the area's...
- West Virginia's Growth Lagging Behind Rest of Nation. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p29
Focuses on the economic conditions of West Virginia. Comparison of the growth of real gross state product with other states of the U.S.; Percentage increase in jobs between 1990 and 2000; Median household income in the state in 2000.
- Tech Connect Funding Could Lead To High-Paying Jobs. // State Journal (WV);10/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p25
The article reports that funding from the U.S. Economic Development Administration could help Tech Connect of West Virginia in diversifying West Virginia's economic development by providing high wage jobs.