S&P to Insist Muni Issuers Quantify Exposure to Variable-Rate Debt, Swaps
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento Air Rating Returns. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has reinstated its underlying A rating on September 19, 2007 on debt issued for the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District (SMAQD) in Sacramento, California. According to the report, the action of the rating agency affects $5.3 million of...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: S&P Lifts North Charleston. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p7
The article reports that the general obligation bond rating of North Charleston was upgraded to AA from AA-minus by Standard & Poor's Corp. in South Carolina. The city's appropriation-backed debt was also raised to AA-minus from A-plus. The upgrade is due to the city's steady growth and...
- County Rating Falls. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article reports that Standard and Poor's has cut down Sacramento County, California's issuer credit rating to AA-minus from AA. According to Standard analyst Ian Carroll, the downgrade was based on the county's revenue growth being hampered by the loss of portions of the county to...
- HAWAII: Quake Doesn't Faze Raters. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32491, p37
The article reports on the speculations on the impact of the 6.6 magnitude earthquake towards the assignment of ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp. on municipal bond issuers of Hawaii. According to Robert Williams, their is no significant change of ratings for the electric utilities since it is...
- Monmouth County, N.J., Joins S&P's Exclusive AAA Club. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30677, p6
Reports that Monmouth County, New Jersey has received an AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. Sale of the county's general obligation bonds on July 7, 1999; Amount of county's bonds and refinancing from 1995 to 1998; Bases for the AAA rating.
- Berkeley Schools Stable. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to revise its outlook for Berkeley Unified School District to stable from negative. Reasons why the credit agency revised its outlook; Affirmation of the agency's underlying A rating on the district's outstanding general obligation debt.
- S&P, Moody's Each Claim to Be Leader in Uninsured Ratings. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p7
Reports on various rating agencies involved in rating insured municipal bonds and deals in the U.S. Overview of the competition among rating agencies Standard & Poor's Corp., Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Fitch Ratings Inc.; Comparison of performance of rating agencies in the field of...
- Miami County USD 368, Kan., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/25/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F316, p1
The article focuses on the upgradation of the long-term rating of the Miami County unified school district number 368 (Paola), Kansas's general obligation debt, from A-plus to AA-minus, by the bond rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, as of April 25, 2014. Views of Standard & Poor's...
- Who's Who in Credit Rating Agencies. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/17/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Presents information pertaining to credit rating agencies in the U.S. Rating of the financial strength of insurance companies; Methodologies formulated by Standard & Poor's to address dynamic changes in the industry and to adapt local market conditions throughout the world.