Tax Legislation: Effort to Raise Private-Activity Cap Expected to Go Nowhere in Congress
- BABs, Other Bond Programs at Risk. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;11/4/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33411, p1
The article reports on the possibility of Build America Bond (BAB) program and other schemes not to be renewed when Republicans dominate the U.S. Congress
- Congress Likely to OK Billions in N.Y.C. Private-Activity Debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p5
Reports on the possibility that the U.S. Congress will authorize billions of dollars in private-activity bonds for the development of area in the New York city affected by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. Overview of the victim's right tax bill approved by the U.S....
- Bond program not renewed by Congress. // Toledo Business Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to reject the renewal of the Recovery Zone Facility Bonds programs.
- No Experts On Munis for House Panel. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p1
No abstract available.
- The Financing Corporation, government-sponsored enterprises, and moral hazard. Leggett, Keith J.; Strand, Robert W. // CATO Journal;Fall97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p179
Reports that the United States Congress established the Financing Corporation (FICO) in 1987 to finance a recapitalization of Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation (FSLIC), which became insolvent. Background information on FICO; Amount of bonds issued by FICO to replenish FSLIC;...
- Muni Groups Lobby for BQ Boost in Final Highway Bill. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/9/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33711, p1
The article reports on the effort of public finance groups to influence the U.S. House and Senate conferees working on a long-term highway bill to allow to increase the limit for bank-qualified bonds.
- Delaware Senate OKs Tax Hikes, $120 Million for Bond Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p37
In two moves that bring some relief to the financially-pressed state, the Delaware Senate on June 19, 2003 passed all the tax increases already approved by the U.S. House, a measure that will generate nearly $145 million, and approved the addition of $120 million to the 2004 bond authorization...
- CONGRESS CONSIDERS U.N. BOND PURCHASE. // Congressional Digest;Mar1962, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p75
Focuses on the plan of the U.S. Congress to buy United Nations bonds. Opposition measures; Price of the bond purchase.
- Should Congress Approve The President Proposal For United States Purchase Of United Nations Bonds? PRO. Rusk, Dean // Congressional Digest;Mar1962, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p76
Focuses on whether the U.S. Congress should approve the purchase of United Nations bonds. Financial crisis in U.N.; Questions on foreign policy of the U.S.