Tax Legislation: Effort to Raise Private-Activity Cap Expected to Go Nowhere in Congress
- Congress Likely to OK Billions in N.Y.C. Private-Activity Debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p5
Reports on the possibility that the U.S. Congress will authorize billions of dollars in private-activity bonds for the development of area in the New York city affected by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. Overview of the victim's right tax bill approved by the U.S....
- Bond program not renewed by Congress. // Toledo Business Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to reject the renewal of the Recovery Zone Facility Bonds programs.
- BABs, Other Bond Programs at Risk. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;11/4/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33411, p1
The article reports on the possibility of Build America Bond (BAB) program and other schemes not to be renewed when Republicans dominate the U.S. Congress
- No Experts On Munis for House Panel. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p1
No abstract available.
- The Financing Corporation, government-sponsored enterprises, and moral hazard. Leggett, Keith J.; Strand, Robert W. // CATO Journal;Fall97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p179
Reports that the United States Congress established the Financing Corporation (FICO) in 1987 to finance a recapitalization of Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation (FSLIC), which became insolvent. Background information on FICO; Amount of bonds issued by FICO to replenish FSLIC;...
- Muni Groups Lobby for BQ Boost in Final Highway Bill. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/9/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33711, p1
The article reports on the effort of public finance groups to influence the U.S. House and Senate conferees working on a long-term highway bill to allow to increase the limit for bank-qualified bonds.
- Bond cap measure gets more co-sponsors. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p6
Reports on the efforts of public finance lobbying groups to urge Congress to raise the private-activity bond capital since the enactment of the Tax Reform Act of 1986. Number of Congressmen who have given their support for the legislation; Senators who signed-up as co-sponsors.
- Senators Call the House's Bluff Over Including 'Green Bonds' in Energy Bill. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p5
Reports on the deliberation of the environmental bond provisions among the Senate energy negotiators in the U.S. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds; Assessment of the energy proposals; Expansion of the use of exempt facility bonds.
- Delaware Senate OKs Tax Hikes, $120 Million for Bond Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p37
In two moves that bring some relief to the financially-pressed state, the Delaware Senate on June 19, 2003 passed all the tax increases already approved by the U.S. House, a measure that will generate nearly $145 million, and approved the addition of $120 million to the 2004 bond authorization...