Connecticut Given Leaner Spending Plan; UConn Bonding Featured
- Rowland Proposing Tuition Tax Credits for Connecticut. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;02/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p19
Highlights the education program of Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland for the state. Details on the education program; Criticisms on the education program; Prospect of the education program in the legislative body of Connecticut; Automation of schools in Connecticut.
- Standing on Record. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;1/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p15
Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland has been touting his record on education policy in making his case to the public that he should remain in office. In a speech he apologized for having lied about accepting gifts from state employees and business leaders who do work with the state. Rowland's...
- New Governor Predicts 'Difficult Choices' in '05. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;1/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p22
This article presents information regarding educational policy adopted by Connecticut Governor M. Jodi Rell. While pledging to deal with such concerns as education funding and health-care costs, she noted that Connecticut faces a projected deficit of $1.3 billion in the fiscal year 2005-2006....
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- Insurance And Financial Services Added To Connecticut 'Cluster' Program to Enhance Growth, Competitiveness. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p22
Announces the formation of the Insurance and Financial Services industry cluster by governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Value given to the leadership within the insurance industry; Number of clusters formed in the state; Improvement in the competitiveness of business.
- After Long, Pitched Battle, Connecticut Settles on Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p4
Reports on the two-year budget signed by Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Estimated budget surplus by the end of fiscal 2001; Programs that the budget will create.
- Ex-Gov. Rowland Gets New Post in Connecticut. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32804, p5
The article announces that Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland was hired as economic development consultant for Waterbury, Connecticut.