North Carolina Sets $605M Sale, Despite Big Deficits
- DOWN EAST. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the economic condition of Eastern North Carolina. Overview of the bill introduced by U.S. Representative Mike McIntyre to create the Southeast Crescent Authority; Per capita public-assistance payments in North Carolina's 23 western-most counties during 1965; Details of the summit...
- When Does a Lot of Debt Become Too Much? DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p62
Focuses on the proposal of North Carolina Governor Mike Easley of a plan to reduce the amount of debt coming from the state. Presentation of the 2006 proposed budget by Easley; Concern of Easley that the state was bonding for too many projects; Increase in the debt service in the state;...
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Mar1997, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Presents charts showing economic trends in North Carolina as of March 1, 1997. Employment rates; Constructions; Retail sales; Transportation; Customers' usage of electric utilities; Agricultural reports; Business failures; Hotel occupancy; Shipping tonnage.
- North Carolina trend. // Business North Carolina;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
Presents the trends in employment, new construction, retail sales, transportation, electric utilities and others, in North Carolina. Include number of total employment; Civilian labor force; Duke Power Company; Carolina Power and Light; Farm products; Farm index; New incorporations.
- Recession blahs linger for N. Carolina banks. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;8/17/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 157, p4
Reports on the lingering effect of the 1990-91 recession on banks in North Carolina. Surge in manufacturing employment; Sluggish recovery; Comment by Ted Matney, chairman and chief executive officer of Bankers Trust of North Carolina; Rise in business activity in the second quarter of 1993.
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
Presents statistical information on employment, construction, retail sales, transportation, electric utilities in North Carolina, as reported in the September 1998 issue of `Business North Carolina.'
- Trend. // Business North Carolina;Jan1997, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
Presents charts and graphs related to the economy of North Carolina. Employment; New construction; Retail sales; Transportation; Electric utilities.
- North Carolina trend. // Business North Carolina;Sep94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
Presents statistics on different aspects of North Carolina's economy for 1993 and 1994. Employment; New construction; Retail sales; Transportation; Electric Utilities; New car registrations; Other economic indicators.
- BALLOON PAYMENT. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the impact of CargoLifter's giant airships on the economy in North Carolina. Use of the air ships in disaster relief to remote areas; Cost of building the lighter-than-air transport; Expansion of the advertising-blimp production for the Airship Industries. INSET: Will they ever fly?.