Raters Eye Connecticut Authority
- Weakened N.Y. County on Moody's Watch List. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p39
Reports on the focus of Moody's Investors Service on Monroe County, New York for a possible downgrade affecting in outstanding debt. Effects of the decision of Moody on the county's financial condition; Reliance of county on manufacturing sector; Credit of Standard & Poor's rating outlook for...
- CONNECTICUT: Rating Reassurance. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the ratings for general obligation bond sale in Connecticut. Increase of budget gap; Reflection of the ratings of Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp for the bond sale.
- Wells Fargo CDO Group Approved. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p3
Reports that credit rating agencies, Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service Inc. approved an expanded collaterized debt obligation from Wells Fargo Corporate Trust. Result of the approval; Effort of the company to facilitate better trade decisions.
- Harris County, Tex., to Sell Nearly $200 Million in Road Refunding GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p3
Reports on the sale of general obligation road refunding bonds by Harris County, Texas. Accounts on bond ratings of the county by the companies Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Allocation of the bond sale for refunding outstanding bonds; Continuance of the issuance of commercial...
- Fitch-All Agencies 'Virtually Identical'. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/10/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the release of a structured finance bond performance statistics for virtually identical rating agencies by Fitch Inc. Differences between agencies in terms of structured finance bond ratings; Response of Fitch Inc. to the ongoing notching controversy; Rivalry between Moody's...
- Rating agencies work to accommodate increase of insured... Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;11/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30266, p32
Focuses on the approaches of the rating agencies Moody's Investors's Service, Fitch Investors Service, and Standard and Poor's in covering insured deals. Four analysts added to the group covering financial guarantors at Moody's; Reason for the expansion of the group; Importance of an...
- Justice Department expresses concern on Moody's, S&P. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/10/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30347, p1
Reports that the US Justice Department has raised questions about whether the continued domination of the ratings industry by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's would be anticompetitive. Agency's effort to urge the US Securities and Exchange Commission to revise the...
- Moody's loses ground to S&P in ratings war. Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;Nov99, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p10
Presents an update on the rivalry between rating agencies Moody's Investor Service and Standard & Poor's over commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) as of November 1, 1999. Percentage of CMBS issuances volume rated by Moody's from July through September 1999; Comparison between the CMBS...
- Ratings Agencies Nervous on Conseco. // National Mortgage News;08/28/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p18
Reports on warnings given by rating agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's about the financial condition of New York City-based mortgage lender Conseco Finance.