St. Paul Pitching Plan to Lure Minnesota Twins to a New Stadium
- The Other Twins Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p31
Reports on the rejection of the proposal of Mayor Randy Kelly to implement a restaurant and bar tax by the Saint Paul City Council in Minnesota. Derivation of finance for the new stadium; Facilitation of economic development; Opposition of the local citizens to the stadium tax.
- St. Paul City Council Sides with Library over Mayor in Budget Battle. // American Libraries;May2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the approval of an ordinance by the Saint Paul, Minnesota city council on April 2, 2003, which reorganizes the public library into an entity whose revenues are raised through a dedicated property tax. Refutation of the ordinance by Mayor Randy Kelly; Benefit from the ordinance...
- Passenger trains may return to St. Paul Union Depot. Glischinskifli, Steve // Trains;Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the proposal of Saint, Paul Minnesota Mayor Randy Kelly to restore the Saint Paul Union Depot as a transportation hub. The U.S. Postal Service, which purchased the land and the rear concourse, has agreed to vacate the property. The cost of acquiring the property could be...
- Big Hopes Ride on Riverboat Extravaganza. Conradi, Melissa // Governing;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p64
Focuses on the plan for a large parade of steamboats and paddleboats to travel up the Mississippi River that will descend on cities from Iowa and Illinois up through Minnesota and Wisconsin in summer 2004. Background of the 1854 riverboat journey of former U.S. President Millard Fillmore;...
- MINNESOTA MAVERICK. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jul2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p16
Features partisan Saint Paul, Minnesota Mayor Randy Kelly who lost support from the Democrats after showing support for President George W. Bush. Accusation of former city council member Chris Coleman against Kelly; Factors that led to Kelly's reelection despite lack of party affiliation.
- Arctic Hip Hop. Fennessy, K. // Video Librarian;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p48
No abstract available.
- Couple announces engagement. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/5/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Announces the engagement and upcoming marriage of Randi Kaye Kelly and Scott Allen Markwardt that will be held in Ennis, Texas on July 22, 2006. Personal and educational background of Kelly and Markwardt.
- ARIZONA: Shrinking Sites. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p31
Reports on the withdrawal of proposal by two parties offering their property as a potential site for a multimillion dollar stadium for the National Football League's Arizona Cardinals. Reasons for the withdrawal of the proposals; Steps taken by the sports authority in event of withdrawals.
- A page from Puck's playbook. Hutchinson, Brian // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/5/93, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p16
Speculates that if the City of Calgary cannot see its way clear to improve it's city-owned facility, Foothills Stadium, Russ Parker, owner of minor league baseball's Calgary Cannons, may have to move the team out of town. Improvements Parker has already financed at Foothills; His ongoing...