San Francisco Utilities Wants $4.6B to Upgrade Water System
- STEEL PIPELINES INLINE MAGNETIC FLUX LEAKAGE TOOL STREAMLINES INSPECTION. GALLEHER, JOHN; ROTHWELL, STEPHEN // Opflow Online;Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p8
The article offers information on the technology developed by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission to resolve pipeline failures and to evaluate the cement-mortar-lined pipelines' condition in California. It states that the agency formulated an inline magnetic flux leakage tool to...
- North America's third-largest UV plant opens. // Public Works;Aug2011, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p19
The article reports on the opening of a Tesla Treatment Facility owned by the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in Tracy, California.
- After Downgrade, San Francisco Selling Water Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p38
Announces that the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in California will price $140 million in water revenue bonds on July 24, 2001, against the backdrop of a recent rating downgrade on its outstanding debts. First tranche of a $304 million measure voters approved in 1997; Aim to fund a...
- San Francisco Tests Wind-Powered Skyscrapers. Penny, Janelle; Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Mar2012, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p18
The article looks at the integration of a vertical-axis external wind turbine structure to be put up on the roof of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission's new headquarters at 525 Golden Gave Avenue that will power at least seven percent of the building's needs.
- San Francisco Weighs $4.4B Utility Bond Issue in 2002. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/25/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31188, p40
Reports on the plan of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission to present voters with a bond proposal of 4.4 billion dollars. Financial of capital improvement projects; Structure of the bonds.
- STATE AUDIT WILL ASSESS PACE OF SAN FRANCISCO SEISMIC UPGRADE. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/13/99, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p20
Reports that California's Joint Legislative Audit Committee authorized the state auditor to look into what is taking the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission so long to identify and make seismic-resistant upgrades to its system. Comments from state assemblyman Lou Pappan; Effects of...
- CALIFORNIA. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Oct2013, p36
The article reports on the Phase II of the San Francicsco Central Subway Tunneling Project aimed to expand the City's transportation network and the completion of the excavation activity at the New Irvington Tunnel for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) in California.
- Daly's gay PUC pick ruled invalid. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;11/13/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p4
Reveals that the San Francisco, California city attorney office has ruled that the gay architect named by supervisor Chris Daly to the city's Public Utilities Commission is invalid. Appointment made by mayor Willie Brown to the seat.
- San Francisco Awards Contract for Wastewater Program. // WaterWorld;Sep2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p87
The article reports that San Francisco, California, Public Utilities Commission has awarded 150 million dollar contract to AECOM/Parsons joint venture to provide program management services to SFPUC's Wastewater Enterprise Capital Improvement program.