A Plan, But No Customers
- Power project is significant for Scotland. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);11/1/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7805, p18
The article reports that the Environmental Research Institute (ERI) at the North Highland College is leading a year-study that will estimate the ability of offshore renewable energy sources to meet future electricity demand in Pentland Firth, Scotland.
- Study sees potential energy boost. // Engineer (00137758);10/18/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7804, p7
The article presents the result of the study conducted by the South West RDA which revealed that offshore renewable energy projects around the south-west coast of England can generate around 9.2 gigawatt of electricity.
- Big Hydropower Potential in Small Projects. Phelps, Megan E. // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2012, Issue 251, p15
The article focuses on the potential of small hydro projects to produce renewable energy for electricity in U.S.
- UK renews determination to meet environment target. Wheadon, Bob // European Power News;May2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the government initiative for renewable energy in Great Britain. Introduction of the European Union Energy Directive draft; Goal on increasing renewable energy contribution to electricity production; Reduction of electricity consumption.
- Greener past-years. // Wheels;Dec2011, p91
The article reports on the decline in the contribution of renewable energy sources to the electrical energy in Australia where nearly all the extra electricity consumed today is coming from burning coal or natural gas.
- Tunisia in Progress, Part 2. Wirths, Andreas // Elevator World;Jul2010, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p138
The article focuses on a project in Tunisia, called Desertec Industrial Initiative (DII), which aims at producing renewable energy in the Sahara and transmit it to African and European countries via a super grid of high-voltage direct current (DC) cables to provide Europe with 15 percent of its...
- Growth in renewables capacity not matched by output. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Aug2011, Issue 439, p64
Two diagrams are presented which show the electricity generation of renewables plant installed in Great Britain and the capacity of electricity-generating renewables from 2000 to 2010 including 2020.
- Scots Green Target Relies On Betta. Shepherd, Nick // Utility Week;4/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p5
Reports that British Electricity Trading and Transmission Arrangements will be key to Scotland's target of meeting electricity needs from renewables by 2020. Information on economic benefits of the proposed regime; Problem of higher connection charges faced by small and renewable generators in...
- UK Mulls Green Guarantee Plan For Europe. Newton, Paul // Utility Week;4/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p8
Reports on European Union-wide scheme designed to give customers a guarantee that their electricity supply is from renewable sources. Application of the scheme to small generators; Details of the certification system regarding its operation.