Budget for African public health systems given go-ahead
- Los Angeles public-health system braces for service cuts. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;8/7/95, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the efforts of officials to prevent the virtual collapse of the public health system in Los Angeles, California following the approval of budget-cutting measures. Need for additional funding and public/private partnerships to revive the health system; Medicaid waiver as a critical...
- Conferees agree on labor-HHS appropriations. // AHA News;11/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p3
Reports on increased federal funding for rural-health and AIDS-related activities under a recently passed appropriations bill which authorizes discretionary for nonentitlement health care programs. Specific fund allocations.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Healthcare;4/7/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p9
The article presents statistics on per capita federal funding for public health by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.
- Doctors Say More Funds Needed for Emergency Care. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p3
No abstract available.
- Free care rises in Wis. // Modern Healthcare;8/7/95, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p35
Reports increased fundings for free health services by the Wisconsin hospitals in 1994 in comparison to the spendings in 1993. Details.
- Advocates cautious over news of new public health block grants. // Nation's Health;Sep93, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the comments of various public health groups on the administration's plan to use block grants in funding public health activities and services. Concerns about de-emphasizing categorical grants and states' flexibility and accountability; Reactions of the American Public Health...
- Clinton budget slashes Medicare, boosts prevention, primary care. // Nation's Health;Sep93, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the House-Senate conference on the reconciliation bill regarding budget cuts in health care spending. Medicare cuts; Payments to hospitals and doctors; Removal of the provisions for items affecting the elderly, the ability of states to enact their health care reform programs and...
- Budget slashing puts public health services at risk. // Nation's Health;Sep95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the impact of state and local budget cuts on public health services. Closure of health centers and staff layoffs due to the budget shortfall at the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services; Preparations being made by the New York State health care industry in anticipation of...
- Federal funding for public health still unsure for FY 1996. // Nation's Health;Jan96, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
Reports that due to a conflict between Congress and President of United States Bill Clinton, federal funding for public health is unsure for 1996. How the federal government is funded; Opposition of proposals by the American Public Health Association; Funding for foreign operations.