- New Plants on Existing Sites. Halnon, Greg // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p41
Focuses on the placement of nuclear power plants on the already-operating sites in the U.S. Impact to the construction companies; Effect on the staff of the operating nuclear plants; Evolution of the nuclear industry.
- All over the world. Sutherland, Fiona // International Construction;May2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p14
Examines the domestic construction industry in Finland. Approval on the construction of a nuclear power plant; Dominance in the underground equipment sector; Recognition received by Finnish companies in the international market.
- Second nuclear plant to go ahead. // International Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p17
Reports the negotiations for the construction of nuclear power plant in Bulgaria.
- IN BRIEF. // International Construction;Nov2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p5
Reports global developments related to the construction industry as of November 2002. Budget for the renovation of the United Nations headquarter; Construction of the Busher nuclear power plant; Disposal of non-core businesses by Hochtief.
- In Brief. // International Construction;Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p5
Reports global developments in the construction industry as of December 2001. Plan of Russia to build a nuclear power plant in India; Approval of the development of a cross city tunnel link in Sydney, New South Wales; Merger between CIMA and EMI in the U.S.
- ComEd shuts down nuclear station after 25 years. Boschee, Pam // Electric Light & Power;Mar1998, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p1
Announces the permanent shut down of Zion Nuclear Generating Station owned by Commonwealth Edison Co. Generating capability of the nuclear station before its closure; Problems that leads to the closure of the station.
- ATC Withdraws Barnhart-Branch River Project Filing at PSC. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;11/ 8/2012, p2
The article reports on the announcement by Dominion Resources, Inc. concerning the closure of the Kewaunee nuclear power station in spring 2013 and its impact on plans for a proposed transmission line reinforcement project in eastern Wisconsin.
- Cutting construction co$ts. Clelland, Jill // International Power Generation;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on the cutting costs on designing three-dimensional plant model in the United States. Overview of the AP600 nuclear power plant project of Westinghouse; Use of the modular construction method for 36 month time-frame; Objectives of Westinghouse on plant visualization exercise. INSET:...
- Nuclear's unclear future. // Contract Journal;4/10/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6372, p14
Reports on issues surrounding the nuclear industry in Great Britain as of April 2002. Market to be provided by the nuclear industry for the construction industry; Obstacles to the planned construction of nuclear power stations; Supporters of the nuclear industry; Profitability in...