Steady-State Carbamazepine Pharmacokinetics Following Oral and Stable-Labeled Intravenous Administration in Epilepsy Patients: Effects of Race and Sex
- Hearing Loss, Hearing Handicap, and Functional Health Status between African American and Caucasian American Seniors. Pugh, Kenneth C.; Crandell, Carl C. // Journal of the American Academy of Audiology;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p493
This investigation examined the relations among hearing loss, handicap perception, and functional health status of 152 African American and Caucasian American seniors ranging in age from 60 to 89 years. Subjective measures were obtained from self-report scores on the Hearing Handicap Inventory...
- Blacks feeling the brunt of recession, report says. BARKER, CYRIL JOSH // New York Amsterdam News;8/4/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 31, p4
The article reports on the increase in the wealth gap between Caucasian households and households of African-American in the U.S.
- Prostate cancer survival rates similar in black and white men. // Geriatrics;Nov2002, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p51
Discusses the findings of a study about the prostate cancer survival rates among Afro-Americans and Caucasian-American men. Prostate-specific antigen levels; Pathological organ-confined disease; Survival gap between the two races.
- Can't we all just watch together? Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;03/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the difference in African Americans and Caucasians when watching television, with reference to a study released by TN Media. Comments from Steven Sternberg, senior partner at TN Media; Why the two races are watching different programs; Reason for the change.
- Assessing the reliability of the EORTC QLQ-C30 in a sample of older African American and Caucasian adults. Ford, Marvella E.; Havstad, Suzanne L.; Kart, Cary S. // Quality of Life Research;Sep2001, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p533
The purpose of this study was to examine the structure and reliability of the EORTC QLQ-C30. This 30-item instrument has five functional scales (physical, role, cognitive, emotional, and social), three symptom scales (fatigue, pain, and nausea and vomiting) and a global health and quality of...
- Whites In Black Sororities And Fraternities. // Ebony;Dec2000, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p172
Focuses on the participation of Caucasian race individuals in Afro-American sororities and fraternities in the United States. Why they joined the sororities; How the Afro-Americans viewed their joining to the sisterhood and brotherhood; What the sorority groups offer to communities.
- The Importance of Negro Patriotism. MARKOE, WILLIAM M. // America;1/27/1923, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p344
The author reflects on the effect of the objectives of the assailants of Caucasian supremacy on the patriotism of the American Negro. The author states the loyalty of American Negroes to the ideals and institutions of the U.S. may be endangered by the growing militancy and conservative program...
- Skin Color and Intelligence in African Americans. Lynn, Richard // Population & Environment;Mar2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p365
Examines the relation between skin color and intelligence in the U.S. Correlation between light skin color and intelligence; Determination of the level of intelligence in African Americans by the proportion of Caucasian genes; Factor affecting the difference in socio-economic status.
- From American Church to Immigrant Church: The Changing Face of Seventh-Day Adventism in Metropolitan New York. Lawson, Ronald // Sociology of Religion;Winter98, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p329
The article examines the changing demographic face of Adventism in Metropolitan New York in recent decades and the pattern of decline of Adventism among Caucasians and African Americans, and its huge growth among some segments of new immigrants. The proportion of new immigrants among the...