- Betting on West Virginia. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the development of strategy for leveraging the proceeds of lottery-backed revenue bonds by the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee. Purpose for the bond strategy; Approval on the formation of the Committee by Governor Bob Wise; Payment of the bond debt by the Legislature...
- West Virginia Authority's Decision Puts Lottery Bonds in Legal Limbo. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p6
Reports on refusal by West Virginia Economic Development Authority (EDA) , to issue lottery-backed revenue bonds until their legality is upheld, as of August 25, 2003. Reason behind the refusal by EDA on issuance of bonds; Impact of delay of the issue of bonds on grant projects.
- The Soviet Experiment With Domestic Lottery Bonds. Millar, James R.; Gentry, James A. // Financial Management (1972);Winter80, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
The article reviews the Soviet use of domestic lottery bonds and analyzes the payoff system used to reward private bondholders. Domestic lottery bonds served as unique instruments for financing Soviet budgetary deficits for several decades. The State Budget came to rely exclusively upon lottery...
- Florida Division of Bond Finance: Lottery Could Back School Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p3
Reports on a bond program for securing bonds for public education in Florida through a lottery system implemented by the Florida Division of Bond Finance. Sale of lottery bonds to schools; Features of the lottery bonds; Details of other bond programs proposed by the law makers.
- W. Va.'s Lottery Deal Back on After Lawsuit Is Resolved. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p4
Reports that West Virginia's proposed lottery-backed revenue bond sale was back after the resolved lawsuit that had attempted to block the bond issue. Issuance of economic development bond package; Benefits of the bond sale; Promotion of the bond sale.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p30
This article focuses on a table giving information on revenue bonds. Some of them are: Miami-Dade aviation revenue bonds, State lottery revenue bonds, Miami-Dade performing arts revenue bonds, Palm Beach County Scripps revenue bonds, Miami-Dade transportation plan revenue bonds.
- Lawsuit Puts Oregon Lottery Bonds in the Hot Seat. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p33
Reports the implications of the lawsuit filed against Oregon Lottery on the revenue bonds of the state. Postponement of bond issuance financed by lottery proceeds; Efforts of the state in maintaining a double-A credit rating; Purpose of a nonprofit corporation in filing the lawsuit.
- Lottery Projections Lower. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32535, p35
The article focuses on the projections of lottery sales in Oklahoma for the year 2007. According to the Oklahoma Lottery Commission, the sales are expected to touch $243.6 million which is 41% less from earlier projections. The state will be receiving around $83.3 million as revenue. About...
- West Virginia Lottery Funds: Time for a Reset. McCABE, Brooks // State Journal (WV);1/31/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the need for the Legislature in West Virginia to meet the challenges of an introduced legislation that cuts funding for certain accounts funded by lottery proceeds to address the concerns of Wall Street that bond repayments could be in jeopardy in the future.