Virginia Revenue Woes Keep New Treasurer on Her Toes
- Colorado Agencies Revise Fiscal 2003 Revenue Estimates Downward. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p29
Forecasts the fiscal 2003 revenue estimates in Colorado. Decline in bonds revenues; Total budget deficits; Reduction in bond deals.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31512, p35
Presents news briefs concerning budgets and bonds in the U.S. midwest. Proposed toll increase by Illinois State Toll Highway Authority board in Illinois; Budget deficits faced by Illinois in the fiscal year 2002-2003 and 2003-2004; Increase noticed in Indiana's income and sales tax revenues in...
- Minnesota Puts $335M GO Sale on Hold in Wake of Crisis. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p27
Reports the postponement of the general obligation bond sale in Minnesota. Need to ascertain preparedness of underwriting firms and rating agencies to handle the transaction; Stability of revenue collections of the state; Submission of biennial budget by the legislature.
- Indianapolis Approves Budget, Pension Bond Sale. Carvltn, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p4
The article focuses on the Indianapolis budget. The Indianapolis/Marion City-Council this week approved an $80 million fiscal 2005 budget that relies in part on the city's first sale of pension bondsï¿½ a $100 million sale that will help offset losses in revenues due in part to tax...
- California Solidifies Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32698, p1
The article reports on the approval of the fiscal 2008 budget in California, U.S. As revealed, the Assembly budget had been cost up to $102.3 billion of budget-year revenues and $103 billion of expenditures. In addition, the budget's delay only means that the bond issuance schedule for the state...
- Ecuador: More Financing Problems Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p13
Reports on the financing problems being faced by the Ecuadorean government as of November 21, 2005. Dispute over the release of a loan by the Latin America Reserve Fund; Effect of a possible recategorization of oil revenues on the central government; Inclusion of a bond issuance in a budget...
- Illinois' Question: Cuts or GOs? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p1
Reports on the effort of Governor George Ryan to reduce budget deficits in Illinois. Plan to use general obligations bond from tobacco settlement payments; Proposal of state lawmakers to cut jobs; Expectation towards a negative revenue growth.
- Shoring Up Mississippi Shortfall Fixes Loom; Bond Requests Double. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p1
Reports shortfall of revenues in Mississippi. Reformation program of Governor Haley Barbour; Bond authorizations; Fiscal budget of the state.
- Stimulus or Slashing to Fight the Housing Slide? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p15
The article focuses on the implication of the significant budget challenges in Florida in the wake of its rising unemployment and home foreclosures worsened by the national economic downturn. The deterioration of its economy prompted Moody's Investors Service to put negative outlook on its...