Dallas Nears First Step in $395 Million Refunding Spree
- L.A. to Refund $235.5 Million of Ambac-Backed Variable-Rate Debt. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p4
The article reports on the plan of Los Angeles to refund its Ambac Assurance Corp.-insured variable-rate demand bonds after seeing rates surge in response to the insurer's credit woes in California. It states that the nation's second-biggest city is refinancing $235.5 million of Los Angeles...
- Jeffco Sewer Debt Worsens. // Underground Construction;Apr2008, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the lowering of bond rating of Jefferson County's $3.2 billion sewer debt in Alabama by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P). S&P cites negative pressures on sewer system and the potential of these problems to worsen. Jefferson County asserts in its disclosure notice that it will...
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p31
Cites a tabular representation of information on one-year note index as of February 7, 2002. Note issuers used in the calculation of one-year note index; Ratings of issues by rating agencies.
- Nassau, raters meet on tobacco bonds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p2
Reports that Nassau County, New York, has started the process of meeting with rating agencies in the United States about its proposal to issue bonds backed by payments from the national tobacco settlement. Details of the county's preliminary plan.
- The Phantom Bond Class. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on bond issues rated AAA by rating agencies. Amount of money for which were issued in the U.S. in 2002; Reasons for decrease in issue of highly-rated bonds; Number of AAA bond issuers in U.S.
- Duke Health Positive. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p31
The article reports that Moody's Investor Service Inc. (MIS) has assigned an Aa3 rating to the 447 million dollar of debt sold for the Duke University Health System company. The rating given to the debt was the result of the company's 4-year trend of improving financial performance in which MIS...
- New York City Debt Outlook Gets Lowered. McKaig, Ryan; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p1
Focuses on the rating awarded by U.S. rating agencies to New York City's general obligation bonds. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the ratings; Rating awarded by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bonds.
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p9
Cites a tabular representation of information related to competitive note offerings as of February 7, 2002. Financial advisers of bonds; Date of issue of bonds; Rating of bonds by rating agency Fitch Inc.
- Detroit Schools Plan $475M Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31241, p1
Reports the plan of Detroit School District to sell a school building and site improvement bonds in Detroit, Michigan. Intention to improve the failing school infrastructure; Ratings given by rating agencies to the bond; Condition of bonds in the market.