Chicago Finds $116 Million Deficit Looming Over 2003 Spending Plan
- Happy deficit days are here again-- so enjoy it! Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p11
Comments on the significance of federal deficits on the local economy in Chicago, Illinois. Decline of projected surplus; Effect of deficits on the government infrastructures; Need for revenue from Social Security taxes.
- Chicago's Emanuel Offers a Scary Prognosis About City's Fiscal Woes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/3/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33559, p8
The article presents the Annual Financial Analysis for 2011 report released by Mayor Rahm Emanuel which details his prognosis for the fiscal woes of Chicago, Illinois. The report details the city's spending, revenues and fiscal health. Emanuel projects that the city's budget deficit would reach...
- Donâ€™t play politics with cityâ€™s budget. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/4/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p0012
The article reports on the problem faced by Chicago, Illinois Mayor Rahm Emanuel concerning the city's budget deficit. It states that Emanuel had talked with the labor unions regarding the threat of lay offs if they will not compromise with contract concessions. It mentions that on July 1, 2011,...
- S&P Leaves Chicago on Credit Notice. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34357, p1
Standard & Poor's, in a special comment, said it wants to see how serious Chicago is about fixing its structural budget deficit.
- Emanuel's Chicago Win Doesn't Take the Pressure Off. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;4/9/2015, p5
The article reports on the 2015 election victory earned by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel in Illinois. Topics discussed include the defeat of Cook County board commissioner Jesus Garcia in the elections, remarks from Merritt Research Services President Richard Ciccarone regarding the outcome of the...
- Economy, cooking now, will cool next year. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;10/31/94, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p3
Reports that Chicago, Ill. and the rest of the Midwest are enjoying one of their best business expansions in years. Expansion in the service sector, from facility management firms to dry cleaners and day care providers; Start of slowdown in the home construction and financial services firms;...
- Outlook for area's economy improving. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/2/95, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the economic outlook of Chicago, Illinois.
- Busy Devon Ave. an international patchwork. Carr, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR30
bHighlights Devon Avenue known as Chicago's International Marketplace, a successful retail district. What caused city to be successful; Where Devon's shoppers originate from; Shoppers' appearance; What can be found in some stores in Devon; Devon's former name; Nationalities of residents living...
- Market facts 1997. Keefe, Lisa M. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p5
Presents statistics to show demographic trends, performance of the economy, information on small businesses, education and employment in Chicago, Illinois. Statistics on manufacturing and non-manufacturing employment; Statistics on earnings by industry 1995-1997; Statistics to show population...