Tax-Deferred College Savings Program Unveiled in D.C
- N.Y. Thruway Retail Orders Reach $214 Million as Muni Prices Rise. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p2
Reports the increase in the price of municipal bonds in New Yor, New York. Actions taken by traders to meet demand from investors; Status of bond yields; Total amount of retail orders received by the New York State Thruway Authority Bonds.
- How much disclosure do municipal bond investors really want? Beerman, Albert L. // Banking;Feb78, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p66
Deals with the results of a survey on the concerns of municipal bond investors. Importance of footnote disclosure; Views on pension liability; Complaints against detailed information.
- Inflows Perk Up a Bit, But Buyers Cut Back on Short Term. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;5/3/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33309, p7
The article reports on the move of the investors to continue to cash out a short-term funds despite the decrease of the flowing money into the municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Stock market rebound renders demand for munis... Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p8
Reports that many Midwest retail investors may decide to spend their profits on municipals, if they see repeated volatility in equities. How Arthur Sanders, assistant vice president of municipal trading at Huntington Capital Corp., described retail demand; Difficulties of selling bonds.
- It's turkey week, but high-quality state names are finding buyers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p10
Reports that investors are purchasing municipal bonds in the Southwestern United States during Thanksgiving week in November 1997. University of Colorado Hospital Authority revenue bonds in the secondary market; Par pricing; Name recognition with individual investors; Offering from the Colorado...
- California Helps Puerto Rico Tobacco Bond Prices Stay Firm. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p7
Reports on the purchase of the Puerto Rico Children's Trust Fund issue by investors in California. Rate of return; Attractiveness of the tobacco issue due to its triple-exempt nature; Net value of the tobacco issue.
- Analysts: To Survive the E-Future, Dealers Will Have to Add Value. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p38
Focuses on the popularity of the electronic trading platforms for municipal bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Concentration on adding value for the clients for success in business; Prediction of Andy Nybo, electronic market analyst on the less involvement of dealers in actual execution of trades;...
- Low yields and sleepy market force investors to strategize in secondary. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30336, p8
Focuses on the two different techniques used by retail investors in the Northeastern States in combating low municipal yields. Buying of premium bonds with attractive yields-to-call and maturity; Duration swapping.
- Continued 'January Effect' Moves Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Lower. O'Connor,, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p40
Reports on the impact of investors' supply of municipal bonds on bonds yield index for the week ending January 18, 2002. Performance of government securities for the week ending January 18, 2002; Decline in the bonds index; Financial performance expected by economists for bonds.