Short on Speakers, IRS Cancels Acquisition-Financing Meeting
- Congress must end terror by IRS audit. Reagan, Michael // Human Events;10/10/97, Vol. 53 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on the US Senate Finance Committee's hearings into auditing abuses committed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Use of secret quota systems at the IRS; IRS's favoritism for powerful people; Clinton administration's alleged use of the agency to punish enemies and silence opposition.
- Why the IRS Scandals Make It Hard to Fix the IRS. Cook, Nancy // National Journal;6/8/2013, p17
The article talks about the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the effects of IRS scandals on tax reform. These scandals include Treasury Department reports, ongoing congressional hearings and a criminal investigation that all point to the necessity of a revision of the U.S. tax code. These...
- IRS Postpones Two Hearings. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p4
Reports the postponement of public hearings for the proposed rules of hospital merger debt and bonds by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the U.S. Schedule for the hearing of the regulations; Release of clarification for the natural gas rules by the IRS.
- Regulations Pertaining to the Disclosure of Return Information To Carry Out Eligibility Requirements for Health Insurance Affordability Programs; Hearing Cancellation. VanDyke, LaNita // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;8/15/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 158, p48922
The article informs about a notice issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Services (IRS) Department of the Treasury informing cancellation of hearing on regulations pertaining to disclosure of return information to carry out eligibility requirements for Health Insurance Affordability Programs.
- The IRS Was Built to Be Tone Deaf. Cook, Nancy // National Journal;5/25/2013, p11
The article deals with the controversy over the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) screening of tax-exempt organizations known as 501(c)(4)s. Details are reported on the congressional hearing held to investigate the scandal. The culture or internal environment that has developed in the agency...
- Justice will investigate. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/17/2014, pA02
Justice will investigate lost IRS emails, the department will reportedly announce at a congressional hearing Thu. The probe will center on emails from Lois Lerner, former head of the tax-exempt unit that targeted GOP groups.
- Treasury Official: Stadium Bonds Allowable Under Current Laws. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p5
The article reports on the House subcommittee hearing entitled "Professional Sport Stadiums: Do They Divert Public Funds From Critical Public Infrastructure?" in the U.S. It states that neither the Treasury Department nor the Internal Revenue Service has regulatory authority broad enough to...
- Tax gap hearings provide latest window on IRS focus. G. Jones, George; Luscombe, Mark A. // Accounting Today;9/6/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p10
Outlines the changes for tax professionals to expect from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) based from the testimony of IRS Commissioner Mark Everson at the hearing held by the Senate Finance Committee on ways to close the tax gap. Initial problem the IRS faces related to tax gap;...
- IRS AGENDA. // Journal of the CPA Practitioner;Apr/May2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the topics covered in the legislative hearings of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Topics include the modifications on withholding tax, authorization of bank information in the electronic filing of tax returns, and modifications on regulations pertaining to...