Long-Term Bond Sales Continue On Record-Setting Pace in July
- Risk sharing begins to trickle down to lower-level syndicate members. Kuiper, Mark T.; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/27/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30466, p1
Cites the municipal bond professionals' entry into the risk management market in the United States. Decline of management spreads and underwriting fees; Similarity of underwriting and risk-sharing practices; Smaller bond issuers' inability to hold bonds as long as larger firms.
- Stable modeling in energy risk management. Khindanova, Irina; Atakhanova, Zauresh // Mathematical Methods of Operations Research;2002, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p225
High price volatility in energy markets compels the companies to adopt and implement policies for measurement and management of the energy risk. A popular measure of risk exposure is the Value at Risk (VaR). Traditional methods of estimation of VaR used by major energy companies fail to capture...
- Municipal bonds: Not sexy, but always important. Kane, Leslie // Medical Economics;8/6/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 15, p44
Focuses on municipal bonds. Risks associated municipal bonds; Computation of the return of a municipal bond; Techniques in selecting the bonds.
- Commerce Muni Pullback. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 134, p1
Reports that Commerce Bancorp Inc. plans to stop participating in negotiated municipal bond offerings and strengthen its risk management oversight. Reason for the decision, which involves the indictment of two senior staff members in a deal with the City of Philadelphia; Plan to continue to bid...
- Fitch Upgrades California DWR Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p32
Reports on the rating upgrades on California Department of Water Resources power supply revenue bonds by Fitch Rating in San Francisco, California. Sale of municipal bonds to reimburse the state's general fund and repay private bank loans; Record of solid operating and debt service reserves.
- Trading up. Milligan, Victor // Utility Week;4/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
The article discusses the benefits of accurate and timely risk reporting as well as the various tools that may be used for generating the reports. Integrated supply and demand data are expected to reduce risk, mitigate out-of-balance penalties and optimize trading strategies. The author...
- Small Tech, BIG Risks. Cruz, Johanny // Canadian Underwriter;Aug2008, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p50
The article discusses the opportunities and threats posed by nanotechnology, the manufacture and manipulation of materials at the atomic and molecular levels. According to the article, nanotechnology can be the new approach in meeting the increasing population demand for energy and materials. It...
- Energy Risk Management Software & Systems. Groenfeldt, Tom // Electrical World;Sep98, Vol. 212 Issue 9, Global Energy Risk p12
Presents information on energy risk management software, examining the use of the term `dynamic.' Information on ZAI*NET Software Incorporated; Description of the company's product; Comments on the lack of uniformity across systems. INSET: Opposites Attract.
- Give your assets a health check. Davis, Robert // Utility Week;4/9/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p23
Focuses on Ofgem's Asset Risk Management Survey report of December 2002 on effective asset risk management. Information on the current policy being promoted by Ofgem for power companies; Things that a company must do in order to lead in the field; Survey conclusion.