S&P Stalwart Eases Up
- S&P's Tillman Wins Promotion. Hahn, Tamar // Private Placement Letter;05/10/99, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the appointment of Vickie Tillman as vice-president and chief rating officer of the Standard & Poor's Ratings Group. Previous executive positions in the company; Education.
- S&P promotes Murphy to managing director. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;01/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30556, p7
Announces the promotion of Steven Murphy to managing director of local and regional government group at rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. Murphy's career background.
- Strong State Revenues Prompting Tax Cut, Spending Plans, S&P Says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p6
The article reports on the statement announced by Standard & Poorï¿½s Corp. which states the necessity of lawmakers to cut taxes and unveil new spending proposals for the year due to strong state revenues. The director of the agency Robin Prunty said that trend of increased state revenue has...
- S&P change slams ratings. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;12/10/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 49, p10
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's decision to revise its criteria for tax-secured, general obligation hospital debt for Saint Charles Paris Hospital in Luling, Louisiana. The move resulted in some huge drops in debt ratings and could threaten the affected hospitals'...
- New Managers, Go Away, Return Another Day. Pyburn, Allison // High Yield Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p4
The article highlights the increase of CLO managers. Steven Oh, a managing director at AIG Global Investment Corp., noted this development among CLO managers. According to Robert Radziul, a director at Standard & Poor's, 57 new members entered the market in 2004 and 2005 alone. One investor...
- Once Bankrupt Laidlaw Drives Into I-Grade, Gets Cheaper Deal. Kantin, Kerry // Bank Loan Report;6/27/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the investment grade rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. for Laidlaw International Inc., a holding company for providers of school and inter-city bus transport and public transit services. Recovery of the firm from bankruptcy; Reduction of corporate debt; Selection of new management...
- Interactive Data Lures Rieger From S&P Securities Evaluations. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32698, p7
The article reports on the resignation of J. R. Rieger from Standard & Poor's Corp. Securities Evaluations division in the U.S. He will be working with competitor Interactive Data Pricing and Reference Data Inc. and will start his new career on August 2007 as a vice president. He will be...
- Dealing With Debtholders. Vazza, Diane J. // Directors & Boards;Spring91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p50
The article presents information on issues concerning the way corporations communicate with debtholders. It informs that it is important that management communicates effectively with the debtholders when it uses exchange offer for recapitalization. It informs that according to Standard & Poor's...
- People in the News. // Securities Industry News;11/5/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p3
The article announces the appointment of Tony Remedios as an account executive of Omgeo and the hiring of Peter de Boer by Standard & Poor's.