Detroit Wants to Sell, But State Aid, Casino Taxes Intrude
- Calif. Development Agency May Help Finance Indian Resorts. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p36
Reports that California Statewide Community Development Authority (CSCDA) would vote for a policy that would allow it to serve as a conduit bond issuer to sell tax-exempt debt for tribal casino projects. Submission of application by Cabazon Band of Mission Indians to sell debt on tribe's...
- Trump Captivates US With Upcoming Deal. // Bank Loan Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p12
Provides information on the proposed bond offering from Trump AC Hotel & Casino.
- Trump Captivates US, Europe Looks to Crossovers. R.A.; S.H. // High Yield Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p2
Focuses on the high yield bonds offered by Trump AC Hotel & Casino in Europe. Amount of the two-tranche deal; Role of Deutsche Bank; Use of the proceeds to refinance debt and extend maturities.
- Price Talk on Borgata Bonds Up to 10.25%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p13
The article reports that price talk on one of the tranches of the 800-million U.S. dollar bond deal of Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa is up to 10.25%.
- Rosemont, Ill., Ready to Refund $70 Million of TIF Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p3
The village of Rosemont, Illinois, will be in the market on July 1, 2003 with $70 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation corporate purpose refunding bonds in order to free up tax increment revenue from the entertainment district where it had planned to put a casino. The Chicago...
- California's Morongo Tribe Selling $145M Through City of Banning. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p3
Reports on the issuance of tax-exempt bonds by the Morongo Band of Mission Indians in San Francisco, California. Utilization of the proceeds to finance infrastructure in the casino complex the tribe is building; Investigation of the exempt-status of the bond by the Internal Revenue Service;...
- Ameristar Plans $240M Add-On Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/23/2012, p17
The article reports on the 240-million U.S. dollar add-on bond offering of Ameristar Casinos.
- Washington's Quinault tribe wins insurance for casino. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;08/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30699, p1
Reports on the bond issue of the Quinault Indian Nation for a casino in San Francisco, California. Support from the American Capital Access; Diversification of the region's economic base.
- Bond issue could delay casino construction further. // Hungary A.M.;06/27/2013, p4
The article reports on the decision of investors to issue bonds to fund the construction of â‚¬300 million hotel and casino near the border of Hungary with Austria and Slovakia which could further delay the project.