Tempe, Ariz., Hopes Fourth Time Will Do the Trick in Stadium Sweepstakes
- Tunisia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/17/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p31
Reports on bidders for the construction of the main stadium of the Olympic city project in Rades, Tunisia. Complex designed to host the Mediterranean games in 2001; South Korea's Hyundai Engineering & Consortium Co. as favorite to win the contract; Other bidders.
- Brighton FC seeks bids for new stadium. // Contract Journal;11/7/2007, Vol. 440 Issue 6650, p7
The article reports that Brighton & Hove Albion FC is seeking expressions of interest from contractors for a Â£50 million deal to build a new stadium for the club. Industry insiders say that firms such as Sir Robert McAlpine, Laing O'Rourke, Bovis Lend Lease and Alfred McAlpine could be among...
- FC United of Manchester kicks off tender for stadium. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;6/11/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Football Club United of Manchester to launch an open bidding for designers or architects to design its first sustainable stadium and club facilities in England in 2009. It has already identified a potential site along with a series of unnamed designers on...
- Bidders to submit revised offers for Aramco stadiums. FOREMAN, COLIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/12/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 50, p11
The article focuses on Saudi Aramco inviting various firms to submit revised offers for the construction of 11 stadiums across Saudi Arabia such as Al-Qassim, Tabuk and Jizan including project management and contractor bidders such as Saudi Binladin Group, Nesman & Partners and Nasser al-Hajri.
- Aramco to invite 12 firms to submit bids for 11 stadiums. FOREMAN, COLIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/8/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 32/33, p12
The article discusses oil company Saudi Aramco's invitation of bids from companies to build 11 stadiums around Saudi Arabia, focusing on where the stadiums will be built and their construction based off the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Reading the 2010 World Cup: Fictions of Development in and around the Cape Town Stadium. Hawkins, Fraser // Spaces & Flows: An International Journal of Urban & Extra Urban ;2011, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p113
My paper analyzes the construction, from bidding competition to physical completion, of Cape Town Stadium (which was intended to host several important matches during the 2010 FIFA World Cup) through examining a variety if its prescriptive texts, including municipal development plans particular...
- Minnesota Stadium Bids Are Over the $975-Million Estimate. Zeman, Nicholas // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/21/2013, Vol. 272 Issue 16, p16
The article focuses on the proposed Minnesota Vikings football stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It notes that several bids have exceeded the estimated project cost. The project, which has a budget of 975 million dollars, is set to start in November 2013 and be completed in 2016. There are...
- London under starter's orders. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;7/5/2006, Vol. 434 Issue 6582, p50
The article focuses on the need for the British Olympic Delivery Authority to mind risk issues in letting contracts as recommended by Alan Willby, partner at Davis Langdon. It should not let contractors bear all the risk to attract interest in building the Olympic Stadium for the 2012 event. He...
- Mubadala sets deadline for stadium bids. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/12/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that sovereign wealth fund Mubadala Development Co. has set a May 24, 2010 bid deadline for the contract to build 1 billion dollars football stadium in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The 65,000-seat football stadium is part of the new Capital City District development next...