Another Amtrak Proposal Surfaces in House
- Rep. Julia Carson (D-IN). // Off Our Backs;2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p14
The article presents an obituary for Representative Julia Carson of Indiana's 7th congressional district.
- Carson steps to plate for local transportation projects. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p10
Reports on legislator Julia Carson's appointment to the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Success in obtaining federal funding for transportation projects; Carson's priority projects for central Indiana.
- Julia Carson. Guess Jr., John F. // Headway;Aug96, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p30
Presents an interview with Democrat politician, Julia Carson. Calls for a balanced federal budget and welfare reform; Impact of retiring Democratic Congressman Andy Jacobs' endorsement and hard work; Solutions to rise in hate groups and racial divisiveness.
- Gay Ally Rep. Julia Carson Dies. // Echo Magazine;12/27/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p21
An obituary for Indiana representative Julia Carson is presented.
- Indiana woman wins congressional seat. Baillou, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;11/16/96, Vol. 87 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the victory of Julia Carson in the 10th Congressional District in Indianapolis, Indiana. Comments from Carson; Background information on Carson; Description of Carson strongest campaign issue.
- CBC introduces resolution to make the crime befit the time. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;05/10/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Representative Julia Carson, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, has introduced a resolution for a constitutional amendment to outlaw imprisonment for minor offenses in the United States. Carson's resolution in reaction to a Supreme Court ruling that police may arrest and...
- Carson gets transportation post. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p16
Reports that U.S. representatives Julia Carson has secured a slot on the House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure. Jurisdiction of transportation committee; Career background of Carson.
- Telephone Remarks to a Rally for Representative Julia Carson. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/16/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p2376
Presents the text of the telephone remarks of United States President Bill Clinton on October 7, 2000, which deals with the rally in Indiana for Representative Julia Carson.
- DST advocates explore Washington strategy. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p13
Reports the decision of representative Julia Carson to take up the timekeeping fight on daylight saving time (DST) in the U.S. Discussion on the issue at the Indiana General Assembly; Hope of the representative to gather support from other politicians on the matter; Reaction of DST advocates on...