Nassau County, N.Y., Chief Worried, Despite Estimates Showing a Surplus
- Fiscal Policy Will Matter. Godley, Wynne; McCarthy, George // Challenge (05775132);Jan/Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p38
Argues that an expansionary fiscal policy is a necessary condition for growth in the long term, reasserting an old Keynesian principle that sustained expansion requires continuously growing exogenous injections to the flow of income. Theory behind the expansionary fiscal policy; Analyzation of...
- Dudley Urges Fiscal Policy Consolidation. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33281, p2
The article reports on the belief of New York Federal Reserve Bank president William Dudley that there is a need for fiscal policy consolidation coordinated with global rebalancing of consumption and savings to sustain world economic recovery.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Costa Rica Country Monitor;Nov2011, p13
The article offers an outlook on the fiscal policy of Costa Rica for 2011 and beyond.
- Jamaica: Debt Issuance - Fiscal Outlook Still Weak. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p12
The article provides a fiscal outlook for Jamaica and its 400 million U.S. dollar debt issuance in 2011.
- A Note on Data Corruption and Monetary-Fiscal Policy Regimes. Dernburg, Thomas F. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p147
It is shown that statistical tests of the effectiveness of alternative monetary fiscal policies may be inconclusive because the policies themselves may influence the observed time-series in such a way as to cause regression coefficients to differ from their true values. It is established that...
- Trenton's Feel-Good Phonies. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;12/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p16
Focuses on the fiscal policies in New Jersey. Creation of assets for future revenues; Construction of public infrastructures for long term benefits; Bond financing for annual operating costs.
- Why doubt the effectiveness of Keynesian fiscal policy? Fazzari, Steven M. // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Winter94/95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p231
Discusses the effectiveness of Keynesian fiscal policy. Stimulative effect of deficits through their impact on aggregate demand; Implications on economic stagnation; Sensitivity of investment to interest rates; Investment regressions; Endogeneity of saving.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Australia Country Monitor;Jan2012, p15
The article presents an outlook on the fiscal policies in Australia in 2011.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Costa Rica Country Monitor;Jan2012, p13
The article presents an outlook on fiscal policy in Costa Rica for 2012, highlighting the significance of strong tax collection, slower growth in public expenditures and better approaches in addressing tax evasion cases on the stability of the fiscal condition in the country.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Malaysia Country Monitor;Jan2012, p14
The article discusses the outlook for Malaysia's fiscal stimulus as it follows countercyclical fiscal policies.