Southern Nevada Water Agency Looks to Buy Troubled Vegas Utility
- Public power is not unprecedented here. Wills, Larry // Las Vegas Business Press;8/26/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p13
Focuses on the controversy surrounding the Southern Nevada Water Authority's attempted takeover of the Las Vegas-based Nevada Power Co. Possible impact of the takeover on electric rates.
- POWER PLAY Options remain for weak utility. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;10/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the decision of Nevada Power Co. to reject the buyout offer of Southern Nevada Water Authority in Las Vegas, Nevada. Performance of Nevada Power Co. in the stock market; Financial status of the company; Reasons behind the rejection.
- Water Authority Again Extends Offer to Buy Nevada Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p34
Reports the proposal of the Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) to buy Nevada Power Co. Information on the offer; Amount spent by SNWA on developing the proposal; Ability of SNWA to perform a multi-billion dollar corporate acquisition.
- Water authority making the right choice. // Las Vegas Business Press;5/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
Editorial. Comments on the denial of the Southern Nevada Water Authority to control the Nevada Power Co. by force in Nevada. Question about the move of government entity to control a private company; Legal controversy related to downtown redevelopment project; Protection of private utilities...
- Power company and water authorities reach accord. Miller, Valerie // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;2/14/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p1
Reports on a deal that would end all litigation between Nevada Power Company, Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) and the Colorado River Commission. Remarks from Michael Yackira of Nevada Power on the issue; Reason behind the buyout offer of the SNWA on Nevada Power in 2002; Lawsuits...
- These are nervous times in Nevada for those who mind the water tap. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p1
Focuses on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's (SNWA) 20 year renovation and expansion of an antiquated water-delivery system, which valued $2 billion. Details on the water system in southern Nevada breaking down for the first time in 26 years in February, 1997; Comments from the general...
- Nev. Water Agency in Electric Play. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports the plan of Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire the Nevada Power Co., a subsidiary of Sierra Pacific in San Francisco, California. Source of funding for the acquisition; Expectations on the value of the company; Significance of the acquisition for Sierra Pacific.
- Nevada Water Agency Selling $200M of GOs Competitively. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p1
Reports that Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) will price 200 million dollars of general obligation bonds in a competitive sale on October 29, 2002, with the Clark County Bond Bank as the conduit issuer. Usage of the money in capital improvement projects; Advantages of the deal; Previous...
- New $80 million lake mead water intake system opens. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's completion of a water intake system in Lake Mead. System's expansion of the authority's delivery system; Quarter-cent sales tax and home builder connection fees as sources of funds for the project; Description of the system.