Municipal Bond Prices End Mixed; JEA, N.J. Top Major New Issuance
- Jacksonville, Fla.'s JEA Sells $161 Million for Water, Sewer. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p3
Reports on plans of Badenton, Florida based Jacksonville Electric Authority Company to sell out revenue bonds for its water and sewer systems. Reason behind the decision; Series of bonds and their worth; Series of bond issue earmarked for the acquisition of Florida Water Services Corp.
- Florida's JEA Finishing $153 Million Water-Sewer Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p5
Reports on the negotiation sale for the water and sewer system revenue bonds of Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) in Florida. Amount of revenue bond sale; Proceeds of the 2001 series C bonds; Accounts on the projected debt service coverage levels of JEA.
- Boost turbine performance with on-line condenser monitoring. Swanekamp, Robert // Power;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the fuel saving gained by Jacksonville Electric Authority through the use of an air-leakage instrument on a steam-turbine condenser. Effects of air in-leaks on the efficiency of turbines; Benefits of detecting and repairing air in-leaks.
- Jacksonville, Fla., Looks to Utility for Pension Solution. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/6/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34056, p1
The article focuses on the proposal of Alvin Brown, Mayor of Jacksonville, Florida, related to the tapping revenue from Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) Inc. to close the gap on a 1.68 billion U.S. dollars unfunded pension liability, as of February 6, 2014.
- Inventory control improves competitiveness. Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;Mar1997, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p25
Examines the inventory control system developed by the Jacksonville Electric Authority. Utilization of a Supply Chain Planning client/server software; On-time savings achieved through the lowering of safety stock levels.
- Electric utility turns on wireless net. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;11/21/94, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p53
Reports on the Florida-based Jacksonville Electric Authority's (JEA) adoption of wireless communication system. Power loss in December 1989; Choice of RAM Mobile Data network; Difficulties and solutions; Suggestions.
- Navy, muni pact confirms industrials' market hold. Manos, Peter // Electrical World;Nov96, Vol. 210 Issue 11, p51
Looks at the power-purchase agreement (PPA) between the US Navy and the Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) in Florida. Provision of the PPA with an escape clause for the US Navy as purchaser; Rate and amount of savings by the Navy from the contract; JEA's expected revenues from the deal.
- Jacksonville, Fla., Looks to Utility for Pension Solution. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F306, p1
The article focuses on the proposal of Jacksonville, Florida's Mayor Alvin Brown to Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) Inc., related to the tapping the revenue of utility system to close the gap on a 16.8 billion U.S. dollars unfunded pension liability as of February 7, 2014. It further...
- Flash drying protects standby plants. Mallard, Richard E. // Power Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the technique developed by Jacksonville Electric Authority for fast-drying of boilers to prevent corrosion. Strategies in corrosion prevention; Includes dehumidification; Process in fast-drying.