A Bonus from the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act
- The Profiteers of Peace. // America;5/31/1924, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p161
The article comments on the decision of the U.S. Congress to override the veto on the Soldiers' Bonus Bill. Under the law, bonus should be paid at once in cash, in addition to the bonus paid, or to be paid by several states. The article points out that the law will teach people in the most...
- Bonus cap for bankers takes effect. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;1/2/2014, p1
A summary is presented of a new legislation to cap bonuses earned by European bankers which took effect from January 1, 2014.
- COMMUNICATIONS. McAndrew, P. A.; O'Donnell, Terence E.; Judge, H. A.; Hagan, Horace H. // America;8/6/1921, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p374
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including a letter by Elizabeth M. Ralph on the unfair treatment of Catholics in Fort Stanton, New Mexico, published in the July 2, 1921 issue, the caption "The Federal Bonus Bill," published in the July 9,...
- Christmas bonus regulation. // Caribbean Business;9/2/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p46
The article reports on the new regulation known as Christmas Bonus Law established by the local Department of Labor and Human Resources (DLHR) in Puerto Rico.
- Shareholder Say On Pay Takes Form. Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that the European Council and Parliament agreed on a legislation which sets the cap for bank bonuses and requires more capital for banks in Great Britain.
- The High-Net-Worth Client. Kroll, Arthur H. // Journal of Retirement Planning;Jul2008, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p11
The article clarifies issues regarding uncertainties over excessive pay for corporate leaders in Delaware in 2008. There are also uncertainties among companies due to some problems in employee compensation. It is the right of an employee to receive benefits from the company but it should also be...
- HOUSE VOTES TO BLOCK IRS BONUSES. Marcos, Cristina // Hill;7/17/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 81, p20
The article reports that the U.S. Republican House approved legislation in July 2014 that would prohibit performance bonuses for senior executives at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and presents views of Representative Republican Paul Gosar on the approval of the bill.
- Legal Q&A ... changing bonus terms. // Personnel Today;1/12/2010, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to legal aspects of employee bonuses in Great Britain including the discretionary and contractual systems of bonus payments, the employer's freedom to defer, decrease, or withhold bonuses, and the possibilities of legal actions on denying or...
- Using the Law to Reduce Systemic Risk. Sharfman, Bernard S. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p607
The article reports on the application of a law towards systemic risk reduction in the U.S. It suggests the restriction of tax deductibility in the financial sector's compensation at the entity level to solve problems created by compensation arrangements. It notes that a new law would be...