TITLE

Reader Spotcheck

PUB. DATE
August 2002
SOURCE
Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p29
SOURCE TYPE
Academic Journal
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article discusses results of opinion polls conducted by the periodical Journal of Financial Planning on several financial-related issues, as of August 2000. There is a greater willingness of the public to plan its finances and less emphasis was made on intergenerational transfer of wealth. 83.3 percent of the people surveyed disagree in the June 2002 article of Harold Evensky which argues that the current wealth management portfolio design, based on a diversified, multi-asset-class/style implemented by selecting style-consistent active managers, is no longer appropriate due to lower anticipated future returns. There is also a decline in the level of confidence in the investment environment as it relates to meeting client goals and objectives.
ACCESSION #
7180397

 

Related Articles

  • Reader Spotcheck.  // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p31 

    This section presents reader response rates on various issues pertaining to financial planning, as of November 2002. On an argument that the power of the Internet to revolutionize the financial planning profession is quickly being surpassed by the need of consumers for a more intuitive...

  • No Steps to Retire.  // Practical Accountant;Apr2007 Supplement, Vol. 40, p7 

    The article reports on the results of the poll conducted concerning retirement in the U.S. It reveals that 22 percent of the respondents stated that they have not carried out the steps to plan for retirement. However, results on the poll conducted to single households show that 41 percent have...

  • Reader Spotcheck.  // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p31 

    This section presents the results of a public opinion poll conducted by the Journal of Financial Planning as of January 31, 2003, regarding various issues related to the financial services industry in the U.S.

  • DON'T WAIT!  // Atlanta Tribune;May2015, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p58 

    The article offers some tips to grow one's wealth as soon as one starts to earn a steady income. These include planning to set aside something each month as an investment for the future every before paying the bills, building an emergency fund that can be used in case of emergencies like a job...

  • CAN WE TALK? McGirt, Ellen; Serwer, Andy; Hajim, Corey // Fortune;6/26/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p57 

    The article provides responses to the ten most frequently asked questions concerning retirement and financial planning based on an Internet poll of readers. Topics addressed include where and how to invest, managing health-care costs, and monitoring inflation. Responses to the questions are...

  • Reader Spotcheck.  // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p23 

    This section presents the results of a public opinion poll of U.S. financial planners on issues regarding their practice, investment confidence, among others, as of August 2000.

  • Wealth Planning, Forensic Accounting Hot Fields.  // Practical Accountant;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p11 

    Wealth planning and forensic accounting will be the hottest fields for CPAs over the next ten years, according to a poll of some 100 CPA members of the Alachua, Florida-based network CPAmerica. Wealth and investment planning are expected to be fueled by the Baby Boomer generation nearing...

  • BROKER TALKBACK.  // Money Marketing;7/20/2006, p28 

    The article cites a public opinion poll regarding the view of Simon Hudson that independent financial advisers (IFA) are writing half as many cases but are now double the size compared with five years ago. 75 percent of the public gave their negative response while the other 25 percent thought...

  • Reader Spotcheck.  // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p25 

    Presents public opinion polls about several issues concerning financial planning services in the U.S. Rating of the business situation for the practice of financial planners; Satisfaction about financial planning software; Significance of self-help Internet sites, such as Financial Engines, to...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics