Anti-Bullying Law Unfunded Mandate, N.J. Council Rules
- New Jersey Governor Signs Anti-Bullying Measure. // Education Week;1/12/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed a legislative bill against bullying in the state's schools.
- N. J.'s Bullying Law Yielding First Data. TRIBUNE, McCLATCHY // Education Week;10/10/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p17
The article discusses the results of a report into the efficacy of New Jersey's state anti-bullying law, noting challenges to reported incident accuracy, increasing national awareness of bullying in schools, and preventative measures taken by state legislatures.
- Federal Lawmakers Weigh Bullying-Prevention Proposals. Shah, Nirvi // Education Week;11/2/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses proposals for national anti-bullying legislation in the U.S. that would require all school districts to protect all students from school bullying, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students. It focuses on a debate over a draft of the Elementary and...
- Should Michigan have a statewide anti-bullying law for schools? Hooten, Cheryl Nolan; Topham, Jay; Miller, Jack; Hardesty, Alex; Bale, Jim // Between the Lines (10807551);1/20/2011, Issue 1903, p8
The article focuses on the different perceptions on the implementation of a statewide anti-bullying law for schools in Michigan.
- Senate passes Dignity for All Students, 58 to 3. Jordan, Susan // Empty Closet;Jul2010, Issue 436, p1A
The article reports that the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA), which is an anti-bullying measure, has been passed by the New York State Senate on June 22, 2010.
- Idaho Senate passes anti-bullying measure. // Bay Windows;3/22/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p20
Information on the approved bill which toughens bullies in Idaho public schools, is presented.
- MICHIGAN TAKES STAND AGAINST BULLYING. // Education Week;12/14/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p5
An image of Kevin Epling, the parent of a child who was a victim of school bullying, and Michigan Governor Rick Snyder is presented upon Snyder's signing of a state bill aimed at anti-bullying policies in schools.
- Toughest Bullying Law in the Country to Take Effect This Fall. Herbert, Marion // District Administration;Jul2011, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that a New Jersey state law aimed at preventing bullying in schools, titled the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights, will take effect in the fall of 2011 and presents comments from attorney Leonard Dietzen on the purposes of the legislation.
- WEST VIRGINIA. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jan2012, p29
The article reports on the order made by the West Virginia Board of Education on December 14, 2011 for the inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity or expression in the state anti-bullying policies for public schools.