- 3 candidates back Gays in Twin Cities election. // Advocate;7/7/71, Issue 63, p8
Focuses on the support announced by three candidates in the Minneapolis city election, held on June 8, 1971, to gay rights. Political background of these candidates; Strategy to be adopted by these candidates to amend the city's civil rights ordinance; Suggestion provided by these candidates...
- Blacks and gays: The unexpected divide. Gallagher, John // Advocate;12/09/97, Issue 748, p37
Compares African-American and American gays' struggle for their civil rights. Information about the play `Civil Sex'; Attacks on gay rights; Efforts of pro-gay African-Americans.
- Media balancing act. // Body Politic;Dec/Jan78, Issue 39, p14
Deals with the media campaign of the Coalition for Human Rights for the promotion of Gay Rights in Florida in June 1977. Bias of the newspaper "Miami Herald"; Strategy done to overshadow coverage of events organized by the group; Changes enforced in the newspaper ads of the Coalition.
- Pittsburgh Activists Push for Gay Law. // Advocate;3/18/82, Issue 338, p15
Reports on a gay rights ordinance forwarded by the lesbian and gay equality committee of the American Civil Liberty Union and the Political Club gay organization in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh city council members who are supporting the bill; Procedure for enforcement outlined by the bill.
- Editorials: Conference '78: making it strong. // Body Politic;Jun/Jul78, Issue 44, p2
Editorial. Emphasizes the significance of the 1978 conference of the National Gay Rights Coalition in Canada. Overview of the attacks against homosexuals in the country; Importance of unity among the gay community; Problems facing the coalition.
- New gay civil rights law takes effect. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/15/2006, Issue 964, p33
The article reports that a gay civil rights law has took effect after foes of the measure were not able to submit enough voter signatures to force a public vote in Olympia, Washington. The measure adds sexual orientation to a state law that forbid discrimination in housing, employment,...
- In Pole Position. // Diva;Jan2008, Issue 140, p84
The article reports on the proclamation of gay rights in Warsaw, Poland. Gay rights agenda has been in Poland in 2004 and 2005. However, the gay pride events were banned by the former mayor of Warsaw and the President of the country, Lech Kaczynski. Meanwhile, according to the editor of...
- INDIAN SODOMY BAN IS CHALLENGED. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;12/13/2001, pN.PAG
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the Naz Foundation, a gay AIDS group, in the Delhi High Court against India's ban on gay sex. Contention of the organization that the law violates constitutional rights of gays in the country.
- Legion Denies Charter for S.F. Gay Vets. Kulieke, Stephen // Advocate;11/13/84, Issue 407, p12
Reports that San Francisco, California, gay veterans have charged the America Legion with violation of the city's gay rights ordinances due to the legion's refusal to recognize the gay group as an official legion post. Arguments put forth by the attorney of gay veterans; Reaction of the...
- Unable to see homosexuality for hypocrisy. Maddox, Jr., Alton H. // New York Amsterdam News;3/11/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p12
The gay rights movement and all of its confederates and accomplices should be busted and charged with criminal impersonation and identity theft for seeking to secure all of the goodwill of the civil rights movement by simply stealing its banner, its slogans, its arguments and its prestige to...