You can't sell yourselves
- Human Goodness. Wheatley, Margaret J. // Executive Excellence;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the importance of human goodness in the workplace. Role in creating harmonious and effective workplaces; Lack of substitute for the trait; Use of the processes needed to reach to the good self.
- A good reputation opens doors in the job world. Kleiman, Carol // Las Vegas Business Press;08/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p24
Discusses the importance of a person's reputation at work. Benefits of building a good reputation; Views of author Glenn Kaworski on the impact of reputation in the working world.
- The power of office friendships. Sandroff, Ronni // Working Mother;Nov97, p34
Reports on the benefits of office friendships regarding stress, personal performance and progress. What companies gain; Details on the benefits to the workers; Comments from Lois Frankel, career coach; Importance of avoiding certain practices including tell-all intimacy.
- burning career issues: from... the work clinic blog. Causen, Jo // Personnel Today;4/1/2008, p33
The article provides an answer to a question related to workplace relationships.
- The new secret to winning friends and influencing people. Weiss, Amanda // Redbook;Mar97, Vol. 188 Issue 5, p45
Presents nine rules to follow in the art of smart, subtle schmoosing in the workplace. Privileges gained from schmoozing; Preparing to schmoose; Tactics to employ in schmoosing. INSET: What not to dish about..
- Personality Clashes. Bernstein, Albert J. // Training & Development Journal;Sep89, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p17
Discusses personality conflicts in the workplace. Impact of working with difficult people; Survival reactions; Tips on how to initiate or respond to a difficult situation.
- Possible office love causes discomfort. Kitto, Kris // Hill;5/4/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p27
The article presents a question and answer advisory related to relationships in the workplace.
- Gender awareness education in organizations. Burke, Ronald J.; MacDermid, Graeme // Psychological Reports;Dec96 Part 1, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1071
Explores gender awareness education initiatives undertaken by a variety of organizations to improve communication and relationships between men and women in the workplace. Removal of barriers to women in career advancement; Impact of gender awareness on men's attitudes; Introduction to efforts...
- Keeping the boss's business under wraps. // Administrative Professional Today;Jan2015, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p2
The article provides an answer to a question of how to handle and deal with snooper or the manager who makes uninvited inquiries into the private affairs of the immediate superior.