BACS places Â£2m account under review
- Marion King. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2005, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
The article is based on a speech by BACS chief executive Marion King at the British Computer Society IT Professional Awards 2004. To King, the only common denominator between technology business cases is that they are all, to various degrees, wrong. She sees innovation as not being bounded by...
- BACS targets firms to promote direct debit. // Precision Marketing;5/2/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p2
Reports on the launch of a direct mail campaign to mail order, insurance and utility companies by automated clearing house BACS in Great Britain. Promotion of the use of direct debit to customers who pay by cheque; Benefits of direct debit to companies; Plan of BACS to improve its customer...
- Agencies line up for 2m pound Direct Debit business. Darby, Ian // Campaign;6/22/2001, Issue 25, p1
Reports that BACS, the organization that runs debit and credit processing in Great Britain, is talking to creative agencies about its DirectDebit advertising account. Agencies pitching for the account.
- Partners BDDH takes Â£2m Direct Debit brief. // Marketing Week;1/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the appointment of agency Partners BDDH by BACS to handle its direct debit creative account in Great Britain. Advantages of selecting Partners BDDH; Expansion plans of BACS, debit and credit processing firm; Company background.
- REVIEW. // Campaign (UK);1/17/2003, Issue 3, p5
Focuses on marketing and advertising news published in various periodicals as of January 17, 2003. Possible relaxation in television advertising regulations in Great Britain; Appointment of Anne Franke, former marketer of Masterfoods as the director of strategic marketing and development at...
- Division signals telling time for Bacs IT staff. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;11/7/2002, p22
Reports on the decision of Bacs Ltd., bank's electronic payments clearing service in Great Britain to divide its office into two separate organizations. Purpose of the separation; Operations of the two organizations; Opportunity provided by Bacs to software suppliers; Effect of the...
- Direct access to the banks' automated clearing service. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct98, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the number of users submitting payments directly through to BACS Ltd. via their bank or via BACSTEL, the direct on-line telecommunications link to BACS. Percentage of users who have direct access to the banks; Steps required to acquire the benefits of the service.
- FIRST WOMAN KING. // Accountancy;Aug2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1404, p92
The article announces that VocaLink Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Marion King has received the 2010 First Women Award from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Internet banking boom shows consumer faith. // Computer Weekly;9/9/2003, p4
Payment services group Bacs Ltd. says that the use of Internet banking has doubled in the past two years. Bacs research found that the number of Internet banking users in Great Britain had increased from 3.5 million in 2000 to 7.8 million in 2002.