Wales plans Â£1m Euro tourist push
- Media Options scoops...5m Wales tourism. // Marketing Week;12/11/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p14
Discloses that the Wales Tourist Board (WTB) has hired Media Options for the three-year planning and buying task of repositioning Wales as a short-break destination. Value of the deal; Other agencies that pitched for the account; WTB's move to link with all the local authorities of Wales for...
- Wales Tourist Board appoints Red Cell to fight foot-and-mouth. Tylee, John // Campaign;6/29/2001, Issue 26, p9
Reports that the Wales Tourist Board has named Red Cell as the agency to help rescue the area's tourism industry ravaged by the foot-and-mouth epidemic.
- Red Cell kicks off its debut executions for Wales Tourist Board. Tylee, John // Campaign;8/31/2001, Issue 35, p3
Reports on an advertising campaign produced for the Wales Tourist Board by the Red Cell in an effort to revive the country's tourism industry. Impact of the foot-and-mouth crisis on the country's tourism industry; Message behind the campaign; Supporting radio campaign; Key target areas of the...
- Reconnaissance goes wrong for the FCB staff. // Campaign;7/23/2004, Issue 30, p52
Talking of the advertising agency FCB, word reaches of a disastrous pre-pitch foray by the renamed shop. Energised by the agency's new collective identity, the team put together to contest the three-way pitch for the Wales Tourist Board decided to head for the valleys for a few days to help them...
- 8 eyeing Kentucky tourism. Siebert, T.W. // Adweek Midwest Edition;03/29/99, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the local advertising agencies vying for the Kentucky Tourism Development Cabinet's account. Plans of the cabinet in selecting the winning agency; Incumbent agency Creative Alliance's advertising work for the cabinet.
- Leslie: 21 Years and Counting. Coppola, Vincent // Adweek Southeast Edition;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the pending announcement of the winner in the competition for South Carolina's annual tourism account. Value of the account; Finalists for the account; Process of selecting the advertising agency for the account.
- Minnesota Tourism Review Down to 5 Shops. // Adweek Midwest Edition;05/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the selection of advertising agencies to compete for the advertising account of the Minnesota Office of Tourism. Value of the project; List of the chosen contenders.
- Wales is in it for the lung-haul. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/11/2003, Issue 2576, p24
Reports on the campaign of the Wales Tourist Board inviting people to settle away from the city.
- Starring in Wales. // In Britain;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the Wales Tourist Board changed its tourist accommodation grading system.