BBC to open garden-based visitor attraction
- BBC broadcasting visitor centre. // British Heritage;Feb98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Announces the opening of the British Broadcasting Corporation's first permanent visitor center at its Broadcasting House in London, England as part of its 75th anniversary. Presentation done in the Broadcasting House; Schedule of the guided tours; Ticket information.
- Remote control. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the plans of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to consolidate its news broadcasting operations. Pressure of privatization on the BBC's management; BBC employees' complaints regarding their working conditions; British government's plan to reorganize the broadcasting firm. INSET:...
- BBC World Service TV looks west. Amdur, Meredith // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p35
Reports on BBC World Service Television's use of trans-Atlantic digital compression as it expands its North American lease on Intelsat. Global availability aim; Self-funded commercial operation; Paving the way into the U.S. multichannel market, according to Director Jeff Hazell; Transmission of...
- Radio. Jeffreys, Susan // New Statesman;6/21/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4289, p41
Features the BBC Radio's coverage of the Northern Ireland peace talks. Leo Enright and Jim Dougal as political correspondent for BBC Northern Ireland; Advice for live broadcasters when faced with danger.
- Are you being superserved? Barnett, Steven // New Statesman & Society;8/27/93, Vol. 6 Issue 267, p33
Discusses the British Broadcasting Corporation's (BBC) disappointing performance of recent mass entertainment initiatives. Amusing programs' legitimization of BBC; Sense of confusion over the BBC's direction; Diversion into journalism; Back in the market for guaranteed light-entertainment...
- New style guide. // Quill;Sep93, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the British Broadcasting Corp.'s (BBC) style guides that abolishes cliches and jargon. Comment from BBC's Tony Hall; Words and phrases on the guide's hit list.
- Radio needs action on accountability rules. Schoonmaker, Tim // Marketing Week (01419285);01/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p16
States that the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) should face the same rule of accountability outlined for other commercial companies. Details on BBC sail of Top of the Pops brand in Europe; Reference to the positive developments in radio brought about by the Broadcasting Act of 1990;...
- BBC moves to the Farr side. Duffy, Maureen // Marketing Week (01419285);01/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p28
Looks at the work being done by one of the five senior marketers at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Sue Farr. Indepth look at the marketing of every BBC channel and service by Farr; Reasons for embracing market discipline by BBC; Details on other marketing appointments.
- Time to needle the BBC about its funding remit. // Campaign (UK);02/27/98, Issue 9, p25
Opinion. Focuses on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), and its assembly of a marketing organisation. Reference to the corporation not being a commercial organisation; Questions of the BBC supplementing licence fee revenue by taking advertising; Other information.