- Amazon v. Indigo. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Sep2002, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the legal fight of Indigo and the Canadian Booksellers Association against U.S.-based online retailer Amazon. Goal to shut down Amazon.ca; Invocation of Canada's cultural ownership rule to maintain a protected industry.
- CBA Issues Preemptive Strike Against Amazon. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;6/3/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 22, p18
Deals with the letter by the Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA) to the Minister of Canadian Heritage that calls for the banning of foreign Internet retailers such as Amazon.com Inc. in Canada. Arguments advanced by Todd Anderson, CBA president against the presence of foreign competitors in...
- Controversy-free CBA draws kudos. Garrett, Lynn; Carrigan, Henry // Publishers Weekly;8/17/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 33, p28
Discusses the 49th annual Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) International convention that was held in Dallas, Texas, in July 1998. The lack of controversies at the show, compared to previous years; The layout of the show; The growing strength of international business with Christian...
- New marketing scheme links Christian publishers, booksellers. Griffin, W. // Publishers Weekly;8/25/89, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p44
Announces the Christian Booksellers Association's new national marketing partnership for Christian retailers and suppliers called LifeDiscovery. What the program will provide to participating stores; Fifteenth Anniversary of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association; Activities and...
- News from the ABC. Schnol, J. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/90, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p138
Reports on the Association of American Booksellers for Children. Their new venture; Raffle held to help the California booksellers affected by the earthquake; Peace kit.
- Washington indies form association. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;1/30/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the establishment of the Washington Independent Booksellers Association. Formulation of a mission statement; Cosponsoring of several events.
- CBA eyes ways to expand business. Bates, Patricia // Billboard;3/22/97, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p69
Discusses news relating to the Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) and the CBA Expo '97. The belief that there will be a higher demand for Christian videos, books, music, and computer software as the second millennium nears; Comment from CBA chairman and owner of Evangel Inc. Steve Adams;...
- Mid-South group has wide-ranging impact. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;11/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 47, p29
Looks at the Mid-South Independent Booksellers for Children, an alliance of retailers from both specialty and general stores in Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Marketing and promotion as major goals of the alliance; The group's affiliation with Mid-South Booksellers...
- Calling all Rocky Mountain publishers! // Publishers Weekly;11/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p19
Reports that the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association is requesting for nominations for the first Dwight A. Myers Award to honor a Rocky Mountain publisher. Prize; Contact information.